Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2009, 09:18 PM

2,531 posts, read 6,247,355 times

Advertisements

I was wanting to know if there were any churches around here that have gyms that have a reasonable membership fee. When I lived in Mississippi, I paid $20/month for a fitness center at a church.

Something along the Top End of 285 or somewhere in Cobb would be preferable.

Also, in case that doesn't work, anyone familiar with Anytime Fitness? I see those all over the place, and I was curious if anyone has joined one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 09:23 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,872,549 times
I know two people who use the local Anytime fitness around here, and they say it's fine for the price. But I have to ask (slightly off topic) - I've never even heard of churches with gyms in them... what would make that better than any other, and if they do operator a gym that charges a membership fee within their walls, doesn't that then make them a "business" (and taxable?).

Old 03-04-2009, 10:12 PM

I wouldn't say they were "better" per se, but they tend to be smaller and cheaper (and the one I went to charged month to month)...this will be my first time going to the gym in several years, so I'm easing my way back in, and would feel more comfortable at a smaller gym than say, Bally's right now and paying their exhorbitant fees. I'm assuming with these megachurches around here, they'd have one. Nothing to do with religion or anything.

As for the fees they charge and how they report them, I guess that's between them, God and a good tax attorney

Old 03-04-2009, 10:17 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,853,346 times
Eastside Baptist in Marietta on Lower Roswell Rd. has a large gym that non members can join.

Eastside Baptist Church > Ministries > Recreation

Old 03-05-2009, 05:21 AM

305 posts, read 1,004,449 times
Yes there are some churches that have a gym on campus grounds with the church, and they do charge a smaller fee. Samsons Health and Fitness center is an excellent gym I believe it is near that area, I know for sure they are off of 285. Free classes, private trainer, indoor racketball courts, nutritionist, I think they have childcare for something like 11 per month, and they even have physical therapy and massage therapy on site. The cost is a little more something like 30 per month, for what you get it is a excellent deal, and the facility is always always, clean

Old 03-05-2009, 09:23 AM

Thank you so far for your advice. Keep it coming!

Does anyone know anything about Dunwoody Baptist's fitness center?

Also, if anyone has any experience with Anytime Fitness, let me know

Again, thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta