Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 09:39 AM

750 posts, read 2,276,263 times

Advertisements

deleted by poster

Last edited by JasonPaul; 03-22-2009 at 10:20 AM.. Reason: I dont feel like feeding the martyr
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 08:11 PM

439 posts, read 852,537 times
I live in ATL in a predominantely black neighborhood. I am hispanic and my husband is black and originally from Atlanta. I thought Atlanta was more progressive in this day and age but still have the double takes and the black females are the worse, to the point they give the dirty looks and even say insults under their breath... And as mentioned on other posts the military environment is the best for interrational relationships. My husband and I met in the military while on active duty. We are still in the service, and you'll see all kinds of ethnical backgrounds minglig.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:51 AM

117 posts, read 392,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
You must be careful in those "rural areas".
You know how they are.

How they are, depending on region, is curious.

I have a black chick friend right now, northern transplant as well, who has become very close friends with a caucasian female Georgia native. The GA native has related tales how sometimes even ignorant/uncultured caucasian men considering approaching her have asked her, if she was with 'her', referring to my black chick friend.

Lately, my friend has observed how the GA native has made some new caucasian, native GA friends of both genders, and is recently being invited to events, but even though these new friends kind of met the both of them at the same time, my friend is not being included in these invitations. A person can't help but notice these sort of things.

Its curious how the interracial 'shock' extends beyond love relationships.

Old 08-09-2009, 12:26 PM

178 posts, read 618,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sness88 View Post
Well I don't live in ATL. But I live in the surrounding areas. I've visited ATL enough times to not really see that much. Perhaps I just went on days when no one was walking around town.
People always walk around town lol. It's Atlanta! There is so much to do.

I can see where Acid is coming from on that point about being a black male as the interracial spouse.

Old 08-09-2009, 02:10 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,035 times
I think it is a shame the way black women are treated by black men who prefer other races to marry . This is the worse kind of racism, imo .

Especially the black men who get famous or rich . They almost all marry outside their race .

No wonder the black women don't like to see inter-racial marriage . Many are left with their children to raise alone because of the prejudice towards the mothers and sisters .

Old 08-09-2009, 02:34 PM

371 posts, read 1,555,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
I think it is a shame the way black women are treated by black men who prefer other races to marry . This is the worse kind of racism, imo .

Especially the black men who get famous or rich . They almost all marry outside their race .

No wonder the black women don't like to see inter-racial marriage . Many are left with their children to raise alone because of the prejudice towards the mothers and sisters .
Why are they left to raise children alone? Surely they don't have kids out of wedlock?

Old 08-09-2009, 02:54 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britishintown View Post
Why are they left to raise children alone? Surely they don't have kids out of wedlock?

Lots of youn now have kids out of wedlock, we lost our moral direction for our children decades ago . Black and white .

Old 08-10-2009, 03:46 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,792,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post

That is not true.LOL.Most black men that get wealthy do NOT marry outside of there race.Just because you see SOME high profile people do this,does not mean it is the majority.Besides what is the "story" if people of any race that are the same race getting married?Not nearly as salacious.

I don't understand this statement:

Quote:

Old 08-10-2009, 03:55 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,097,205 times
90% of black men are married to black women. Some people who see a few NBA or NFL stars married to another race. For some reason or another start to believe the hype. I also think you should know, most wealthy or successful black men are not in the sports or entertainment industry.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:00 PM

371 posts, read 1,555,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
90% of black men are married to black women. Some people who see a few NBA or NFL stars married to another race. For some reason or another start to believe the hype. I also think you should know, most wealthy or successful black men are not in the sports or entertainment industry.
Most black people marry black people, most white people marry white people, why? It's because all norm is within the black culture that the beauty of other black people is promoted predominately and within the white culture the beauty of other white people is promoted predominately, nurture and nature are combined to overwhelming effect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta