U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 02:10 PM

895 posts, read 2,141,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
Racist manner was probably too strong a term. I really can't speak to the Underground (never been there) and I have only ridden Marta a handful of times. I'm actually pretty happy that I don't get stares from horny guys...though I have been guilty of checking out good looking women of all colors! Good looking is good looking. I must be an equal opportunity checker outer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
I don't think it has anything to do with race, but more so the urban culture of Atlanta.

For instance, in New York City, it is considered socially unacceptable and rude to stare at anyone on the street or train. I always laugh when they show people doing this in movies, because in real life it's the quickest way to get pepper spray in your face.

In Atlanta, we don't really have that hang up. People here will stare because they are curious, or as DeaconJ suggested, because you are attractive. Don't discount the last point too much because there were women staring at you. There are a lot of girls who like girls in this city.
Maybe they liked my fasion or something (Im japanese so maybe I dress weird for them but I dont think so). Having it to do with the culture makes alot of sense and I dont know why I didnt think of that before. What do you mean, theres alot of lesbians in atlanta? lol

Does atlanta have any purikura?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2015, 01:26 AM

1 posts, read 395 times
Hi my asian community
I found out recently that you have a china mall here in Gwinnet. I've been interested in trying to find more out about who you are and your interests and walks of life. I'm a black woman. I've been single for a very long time; by choice. Celibate. I'm saved and love God and would like to meet more asians that share the same values. I can't drive.😞 So I hope to one day be able to get to China Mall to adventure the different stores and foods you have. I know I would love it and want to come again. I love asian men. Maybe I will meet one for the first time who is very serious about love and not just spreading his oates. See you soon. I think this is the right place after much research.😉

Old 09-21-2015, 02:27 AM

15,892 posts, read 36,023,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykomonkee View Post
4th: Why Atlanta? Why are so many Asians (particularly Koreans) choosing Atlanta over New York, San Fran, Houston, DC and Chicago?
Why Atlanta?

Asians are moving EVERYWHERE in the world. They make up 67% of the world's planet. You see Chinese restaurants in every small town in the U.S., and throughout South America, and even tons of investment throughout all of Africa as well.

Of course, they are going to be attracted to Atlanta, a really large international city, right in the prosperous U.S. as well.

Usually what happens is once a city has services, communities, etc.; then others from the home country hear about it, it hits on more people's radar screen, and they go there too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or