U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 03-31-2009, 08:55 AM
 
31 posts, read 52,880 times
Reputation: 20
Default Macy's Atlanta corporate HQ

I am looking for a job at a retail corporate HQ. Was wondering what anyone knows about the Macy's corporate HQ in Atlanta. With all the consolidation going on is it going to be around for a while and is it a good place to work? any feedback appreciatted.

Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-31-2009, 09:01 AM
 
969 posts, read 1,831,008 times
Reputation: 408
I could be wrong, but I thought Macy's was based in NYC?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2009, 09:10 AM
 
1,304 posts, read 820,072 times
Reputation: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaflsc View Post
I could be wrong, but I thought Macy's was based in NYC?

Atlanta HQ is MACys South
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2009, 09:15 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
7,732 posts, read 7,016,114 times
Reputation: 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmith7 View Post
I am looking for a job at a retail corporate HQ. Was wondering what anyone knows about the Macy's corporate HQ in Atlanta. With all the consolidation going on is it going to be around for a while and is it a good place to work? any feedback appreciatted.

Thanks!
Sorry, but no. Macy's is consolidating all regional HQ's into NY. Over 900 Atlanta positions are leaving. The only thing we'll have left is a small regional buyers office.

Same thing is happening to Seattle, St. Louis, Minneapolis & Chicago.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2009, 10:26 AM
 
Location: Marietta, GA
7,652 posts, read 9,584,237 times
Reputation: 3185
Macy's has consolidated its business HQ to NY, but the Technology and IT HQ and the central data center for the company is located in Johns Creek with hundreds of employees.

Location Map - Macy's Systems and Technology - Macy's, Inc. (http://www.macysjobs.com/systems/about/locations.asp?state=GA&division=Federated+Systems+ Group - broken link)
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2009, 11:03 AM
 
31 posts, read 52,880 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Sorry, but no. Macy's is consolidating all regional HQ's into NY. Over 900 Atlanta positions are leaving. The only thing we'll have left is a small regional buyers office.

Same thing is happening to Seattle, St. Louis, Minneapolis & Chicago.
I am currently a merchandise planner, I work with the buyers. What is the anticipation of leaving the buying group there long term?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2009, 11:03 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
7,732 posts, read 7,016,114 times
Reputation: 2774
^That's cool, Neil. I had no idea we had that HQ's here.

I was talking about the HQ's in Dunwoody closing, which is sad because it had grown so large in recent years.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2009, 11:15 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
7,732 posts, read 7,016,114 times
Reputation: 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmith7 View Post
I am currently a merchandise planner, I work with the buyers. What is the anticipation of leaving the buying group there long term?
Im really not too sure. There was a press release from the company within the the last couple of months. You could probably google it.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top