Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 02:02 PM

31 posts, read 120,468 times

Advertisements

Any particular area of Midtown I should check out? I'm looking for safe and walkable. I work from home, so I want to be able to walk out my door and get a cup of coffee, newpaper, grab food, etc. I'm also single, so I want an area conducive to meeting people. I'm 45, but most of my friends and dates are in their mid to late 30s. Not that I'm opposed to dating men closer to my own age, just haven't found any...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 02:36 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,023,049 times
The area around Piedmont park is great for everything you have mentioned. The park is right there and you have countless restaurants and night life within walking distance. Look on Craigslist and I think you'll find plenty of options in your price range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumrgurl View Post
Any particular area of Midtown I should check out? I'm looking for safe and walkable. I work from home, so I want to be able to walk out my door and get a cup of coffee, newpaper, grab food, etc. I'm also single, so I want an area conducive to meeting people. I'm 45, but most of my friends and dates are in their mid to late 30s. Not that I'm opposed to dating men closer to my own age, just haven't found any...

Old 07-20-2009, 03:38 PM

292 posts, read 633,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumrgurl View Post
Thanks for the help. I'll check these out for sure. As far as budget, I can go up to $3000 a month, but I really want 3 bedrooms and a VIEW. I'm also a 45-year-old single empty nester, so I would really like to find an area where there is opportunity for meeting people. Would Midtown be a better option? I get the feeling that's more for the 20-somethings.
You should be able to find quite a lot in that price range, especially in the current economic climate.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:36 PM

1 posts, read 868 times
I am trying to find a small apartment or condo to rent near Lindbergh Dr. Maybe Peachtree Hills? I need to be near my daughter and grandchild in Garden Hills.A small apartment in a house would would be fine also.Price is definately an issue as i took an early retirement and then a bad divorce. thanks for any information or leads.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:53 PM

165 posts, read 482,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clipped wings View Post
I am trying to find a small apartment or condo to rent near Lindbergh Dr. Maybe Peachtree Hills? I need to be near my daughter and grandchild in Garden Hills.A small apartment in a house would would be fine also.Price is definately an issue as i took an early retirement and then a bad divorce. thanks for any information or leads.
There are a few apartments/condos right by Lindbergh Dr... one that comes to mind is Eon, which is within the Lindbergh City Center area. If you need Marta it's excellent as there is a station literally not even 30 seconds away.

If you want to be even closer to Garden Hills check out Eclipse Buckhead, and other high rises around there. There are foreclosed units that once probably sold around $250k+, that you can get for like $70k. (Of course H.O.A. fees would still relate to the original price).

I'm sure you'll find enough rental units within these condos as I've read recently rental vacancies are high, which means good deals for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: