U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2011, 04:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,928 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to move to Atlanta in the next few months. Where I'll be working is on Bestfriend rd right off of rt 85 in Atlanta. Ideally it would be nice to live close to there, but I'm not sure what area it is called. Does anyone know? Or know a safe inexpensive area thats close to there?
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 07:10 PM

1,154 posts, read 2,269,278 times
I have lived in north Roswell on Milton border for over a year. I have not noticed any political bumper stickers on any of the cars in my subdivision of 150 houses and never once has anyone in any of the neighborhood groups I belong to, or events that we have gone to ever talked politics or asked my party affiliation. Now, if I had Obama stickers plastered all over my Prius and went out asking if everyone is gun-totin', Evangelical conservatives before I had anything to do with them, maybe I would get a reaction.
What I do see, is that people here are very concerned about education, health care, employment and the real estate crisis.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:35 PM

6,458 posts, read 7,253,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurnitureDesignGuy View Post
I'm looking to move to Atlanta in the next few months. Where I'll be working is on Bestfriend rd right off of rt 85 in Atlanta. Ideally it would be nice to live close to there, but I'm not sure what area it is called. Does anyone know? Or know a safe inexpensive area thats close to there?
Bestfriend Rd is actually partly in unincorporated Dekalb and Gwinnett Counties. (mostly Gwinnett) right next to the city of Norcross.

It is a pretty large industrial district. It is pretty accessible, but the bridge over I-85 at Jimmy Carter Blvd can have brutally bad traffic during rush hour annnnd lunch hour!

The good news is it shouldn't be hard to find a wide variety of types of places to live within a 20 minute commute (or less) of that area.

What kind of area are you looking for?

Old 09-17-2011, 06:50 PM

738 posts, read 1,117,410 times
You might start with the Norcross/Peachtree Corners area, Tucker, Doraville or Chamblee.

Old 09-17-2011, 10:46 PM

1,342 posts, read 1,211,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
Why are liberals so concerned about living with conservatives. Ive yet to see a conservative come on here asking a similar question. Why does it bother you so much. If that bothers you, why dont you just ask, "where can I get away from those dirty mexicans while you at it". If that is unexeptable, why isnt this question. No offense to anyone, Im just curious
Because in my experience (and generally speaking), conservatives are boring, dim-witted and overly-religious. Oh, and unbearably hypocritical.

Just recently the mayor of Carrollton (Republican, of course) shut down a community play- the Rocky Horror Picture Show- because it wasn't appropriate to his conservative tastes. Apparently if you go see drag queens you become a drag queen!

Old 09-18-2011, 02:20 PM

My daughter was in Rocky Horror Picture Show in college- Loyola University, a Jesuit school.

Old 09-18-2011, 04:31 PM

2,402 posts, read 3,461,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
Because in my experience (and generally speaking), conservatives are boring, dim-witted and overly-religious. Oh, and unbearably hypocritical.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:03 PM

7,113 posts, read 8,116,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
Are there any liberal areas of Atlanta. Is that hard to find? I am looking for a place where I will not be uncomfortable if I don't go to church or have a Obama t-shirt on. Is that possible in the Metro Atlanta area? Another question, my perception of Atlanta is that Atlanta it self is progressive, yet surrounded by the rest of Georgia? Is that what its like, or is Atlanta less progressive than I believe and more like the rest of Georgia.
Just move beside Emory. You'll be in liberal nirvana.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:05 PM

7,113 posts, read 8,116,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxyrn View Post
My daughter was in Rocky Horror Picture Show in college- Loyola University, a Jesuit school.
'Rocky Horror Picture Show" or "Rocky Horror Show"? The former is the movie.

Old 09-19-2011, 06:04 AM

It was the musical and we thought it was a bit raunchy for a Catholic University (we are NOT Catholic). But, that's college. I don't think it is appropriate for high school, but fine for community theater.
But, more to the point of this thread. I guess the assumption is that everyone who doesn't vote Democrat is a boring fanatical hypocrite. Too horribly dull to be your neighbor.
Now, if I made the same statements about a racial or ethnic group, there would be a huge outcry about prejudice. Let's face it, everyone is a hypocrite in one way or another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or