Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 02:40 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,450,255 times

Advertisements

Are there any liberal areas of Atlanta. Is that hard to find? I am looking for a place where I will not be uncomfortable if I don't go to church or have a Obama t-shirt on. Is that possible in the Metro Atlanta area? Another question, my perception of Atlanta is that Atlanta it self is progressive, yet surrounded by the rest of Georgia? Is that what its like, or is Atlanta less progressive than I believe and more like the rest of Georgia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2009, 02:50 PM

19 posts, read 59,006 times
georgia is not a liberal place atlanta maybe midtown but not the rest of the state

Old 04-05-2009, 02:57 PM

yah I know GA isn't liberal. I was hoping Atlanta was like a progressive island surrounded by Georgia. So you don't think Metro Atlanta is progressive even?

Old 04-05-2009, 03:11 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,045,027 times
I would say that you are correct. There are especially certain intown neighborhoods that are very much liberal but I don't think you'd feel out of place in the Atlanta Metro in general but I guess it depends what you are looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
yah I know GA isn't liberal. I was hoping Atlanta was like a progressive island surrounded by Georgia. So you don't think Metro Atlanta is progressive even?

Old 04-05-2009, 03:22 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,498,039 times
You'll be find in the Atlanta Metro (as long as you live inside the Perimeter). Outside of the Perimeter, it gets pretty conservative fast. Anyway, here are some good liberal neighborhoods.

Ansley Park
Inman Park
Old Fourth Ward
Midtown
Grant Park
East Atlanta
Druid Hills
Little Five Points
Kirkwood
Cabbagetown
Edgewood
Decatur

Like a previous post said, many of Atlanta's intown neighborhoods (listed) are very liberal.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:27 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,798,987 times
I would add to that list the south and southwest side neighborhoods that are inside and maybe just outside 285.

The suburbs are more conservative as they get further from Atlanta, but they aren't SO bad that more liberal-minded people can't live there peacefully.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:31 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,498,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
I would add to that list the south and southwest side neighborhoods that are inside and maybe just outside 285.

The suburbs are more conservative as they get further from Atlanta, but they aren't SO bad that more liberal-minded people can't live there peacefully.
True. That goes for just about every place.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:48 PM

2,413 posts, read 5,746,949 times
Why are liberals so concerned about living with conservatives. Ive yet to see a conservative come on here asking a similar question. Why does it bother you so much. If that bothers you, why dont you just ask, "where can I get away from those dirty mexicans while you at it". If that is unexeptable, why isnt this question. No offense to anyone, Im just curious

Old 04-05-2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
Why are liberals so concerned about living with conservatives.
For me as a moderate liberal, I don't bother people, could care less what people do, look like, believe, etc. But I worry about living next to someone that is conservative because many conservative people usually (in my opinion) are less excepting of diversity/differences/views etc and judge people more than liberals. I just want to live around people who are open minded. This is just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
You'll be find in the Atlanta Metro (as long as you live inside the Perimeter). Outside of the Perimeter, it gets pretty conservative fast. Anyway, here are some good liberal neighborhoods.

Ansley Park
Inman Park
Old Fourth Ward
Midtown
Grant Park
East Atlanta
Druid Hills
Little Five Points
Kirkwood
Cabbagetown
Edgewood
Decatur

Like a previous post said, many of Atlanta's intown neighborhoods (listed) are very liberal.
Thank you I just copied this down. DeaconJ thank you too.

Old 04-05-2009, 05:33 PM

207 posts, read 939,915 times
I have always looked for a residence based on location, price, appreciation,crime,schools and convieniences. I am puzzeled why someone would look for a place to live based on a philosophy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta