Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2007, 09:57 PM

20 posts, read 92,042 times

Advertisements

I've seen a lot of nice online listings in the 30064 zip code around the Kennesaw Battlefield Park in Marietta. Can anyone tell me about this area? Seems like you get more for your money there than if you live over in other zips in Marietta.

Also, curious about the commute downtown from there? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2007, 07:17 AM

304 posts, read 1,428,734 times
Some of the homes near KM are in Cobb County school district while others are in the Marietta school district, so that can make a difference. I've heard that Marietta school district is less desirable, but I don't have first hand experience with that district. Definitely pay attention to what schools are listed for the homes at which you are looking. It is always a good idea to double check with the school districts too, because sometimes the listings you look at online are not accurate with school info.

Also, your commute time to downtown will be pretty lengthy if you are commuting in regular traffic hours; traffic starts getting pretty congested around that area in the mornings. I used to drive through the park on my way to work in the mornings and a lot of others did too.

I really like that area though. We go to KM a lot and hike the different trails they have. We live about 10 minutes west of there on the edge of West Cobb.

Old 04-01-2007, 04:56 PM

390 posts, read 905,019 times
the area around KM is very nice...I agree that Cobb County Schools are better than Marietta city. Kennesaw Mountain High School is only a few years old and is above average for Georgia standards. Traffic around this area can be a nightmare though....many of the roads are 2 lanes and back up all day long. Barrett Parkway is bad. Downtown would probably be an hour at rush hour, sometimes longer.

Old 04-02-2007, 07:22 AM

20 posts, read 92,042 times
Thanks for the info. Sounds like a great place to live but traffic may be a problem. (I guess it's just like the rest of Atlanta then... )

Old 04-12-2007, 08:51 PM

15 posts, read 100,676 times
I live on John Ward which is just east of Barrett Pkwy and take Dallas hwy to Marrietta, often in mornings. Commute can be bad at times but I've never had an hour commute. I can count on 20 minutes at 9 AM, maybe 30 minutes earlier, 10-15 minutes rest of day. I usually slip off of Dallas Hwy somewher east of Burnt Hickory and take Polk or other side streets into town. Traffic seems to be getting better in last year or so. I think those who come out Burnt Hickory toward Marietta do have a time of it at rush hour coming in. or out. I don't know about how Barrett is in mornings. But there are areas near Battlefield that don't have to use Barrett or Burnt Hickory. Park extends well out into SW cobb. PS area has Wild Horse Creek trial and Silver Comet Trail (hiking and bikes).

When you say downtown, are you speaking of Marietta or Atlanta. Earlier post was strictly Marietta and so is mine. If you are going to Atlanta, different story but if you learn the shortcuts you can do well.

My son-in-law lives off Barrett west of Kennesaw Park and he usually takes shortcuts north of mountain to Marietta and takes Barrett to I-75 to get to Atlanta where he works quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta