Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 08:36 PM

21 posts, read 150,259 times

Advertisements

Hi I have been in the atl area for about 6 years . I have always been kind of weary about dating in this city and wanted to know where in the world have all the straight black professional men gone? are they all gay? I have no problems with gay men but i want to know what are my chances of meeting a single straight guy that has something to offer a single professional african american female as me...if you have some resources or info let me know ...lol

Old 04-18-2009, 08:44 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,246,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsc1977 View Post
Hi I have been in the atl area for about 6 years . I have always been kind of weary about dating in this city and wanted to know where in the world have all the straight black professional men gone? are they all gay? I have no problems with gay men but i want to know what are my chances of meeting a single straight guy that has something to offer a single professional african american female as me...if you have some resources or info let me know ...lol
LOL... yeah, I've noticed that this city seems to have a high percentage of Black gay men... sort of like DC... I went to the dogwood festival today and couldn't help but notice their numbers... they say it's hard out there for a pimp, but it's probably harder out here for a Black female... LOL... good luck. Unfortunately, I and most of my boys are married or I would hook u up with the quickness.

Old 04-18-2009, 08:54 PM

21 posts, read 150,259 times
Hey well I appreciate the heads up..it just sad that you have an enormous array of beautiful single black women walking around this city with nothing to choose from.....well i will keep it moving...thanks

Old 04-18-2009, 09:30 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,874,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsc1977 View Post
it just sad that you have an enormous array of beautiful single black women walking around this city with nothing to choose from.....
Um... did you consider the fact that they may be choosing other beautiful black women as well?

Old 04-18-2009, 09:50 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,307,587 times
The problem with some of these sistas who are single is that far too many of them never give ANY love to the hard-working & somewhat nerdy brothas who are busting their butts through college and having to take a full time blue-collar job to help with the expenses. I see this attitude a lot from the AU center sistas & GSU sistas.

Yet, as soon as the fruits of a black man's labor start to blossom now folks wanna be all on him. My question is, where was the love back when the money was tight and the only transportation available was the No. 3 MARTA bus?

Old 04-19-2009, 12:07 AM

16,688 posts, read 29,502,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
The problem with some of these sistas who are single is that far too many of them never give ANY love to the hard-working & somewhat nerdy brothas who are busting their butts through college and having to take a full time blue-collar job to help with the expenses. I see this attitude a lot from the AU center sistas & GSU sistas.

Yet, as soon as the fruits of a black man's labor start to blossom now folks wanna be all on him. My question is, where was the love back when the money was tight and the only transportation available was the No. 3 MARTA bus?

Yep, what Acid Snake said...and expand your options...there are plenty of white, latino, and asian gents out there who love to date a beautiful black woman.

Never limit yourself...

Old 04-19-2009, 04:19 AM

100 posts, read 408,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post

He hit it right on the nail. When I first came to Atlanta, I had a blue collar job working odd hours just to get by. That was until I finally made it and obtained my first full time job, and very quickly had the experience of moving up the corporate ladder. Now when I go the barbershop and the sista asks what I do, they end up giving me there numbers not the other way around. Most of the time I don't even bother calling back because I have become picky I guess.

Basically in my line of work I deal with many people from different countries and cultures, and I realized I probably have more chemistry with woman who are from other nations. I still would rather marry a black woman, but the attitude most of you educated black woman display is unacceptable and as a black professional it is a turn off.

It is like a golddiggin mentality...nonetheless there are good black men out there, how about showing them some love. The young brotha in college, the driver, the janitor, the package handler, you know young black men making an honest living. What surprises me most is that most of you would rather date a "wannabe thug" with his pimped out ride instead of a good black man who is trying to do things the right way. A good movie for a lot of you educated sistas to watch is Disappearing Acts, if anything maybe it would help you open your mind a little.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:45 AM

16 posts, read 52,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenourtv View Post
He hit it right on the nail. When I first came to Atlanta, I had a blue collar job working odd hours just to get by. That was until I finally made it and obtained my first full time job, and very quickly had the experience of moving up the corporate ladder. Now when I go the barbershop and the sista asks what I do, they end up giving me there numbers not the other way around. Most of the time I don't even bother calling back because I have become picky I guess.

Basically in my line of work I deal with many people from different countries and cultures, and I realized I probably have more chemistry with woman who are from other nations. I still would rather marry a black woman, but the attitude most of you educated black woman display is unacceptable and as a black professional it is a turn off.

It is like a golddiggin mentality...nonetheless there are good black men out there, how about showing them some love. The young brotha in college, the driver, the janitor, the package handler, you know young black men making an honest living. What surprises me most is that most of you would rather date a "wannabe thug" with his pimped out ride instead of a good black man who is trying to do things the right way. A good movie for a lot of you educated sistas to watch is Disappearing Acts, if anything maybe it would help you open your mind a little.
CHUCHHHHHH

My beautiful black sistas want all the fruits of the labor but dont want to do the planting, and watering for it to get there. U see a dreadlocked gold teeth ignant fool wit that Charger on 22's and you flock to him. I pull up in my Toyota Corolla and you give me the ughhhhhhh look. But once I pull up in that BMW 750 LI now it's HEY!!!!!!!!!! **** out of here, women need to look at men for their character, and not their wallet.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:03 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,152,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by God MC View Post
....... women need to look at men for their character, and not their wallet.

That's not a problem exclusive to the black community, lol. Believe me, we have plenty of them in the white community and all other communities.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:19 AM

16,688 posts, read 29,502,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
That's not a problem exclusive to the black community, lol. Believe me, we have plenty of them in the white community and all other communities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta