Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2009, 07:03 PM

2 posts, read 2,906 times

Advertisements

Hello there,

I'm a junior in Parkview High school soon to be a senior. I live in Lilburn, Georgia which is quite close to Atlanta. I am involved in 3D art/animation and I hope to pursue it as a career. During senior year I am taking part in "directed study" in which I can teach myself a topic for one of my periods in the school day. However, I will need to be consulting an expert in the topic I am studying for this class, which is 3D animation. I need an expert because I have many questions as well! If there is anyone out there that takes a part in 3D animation please send me an email at Moderator Removed. Please do NOT include personal email addresses in posts.

All I desire is that you answer questions I have and criticize my work It would really help me a lot.

Thanks!

~KT

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 04-23-2009 at 09:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 07:08 PM

1,941 posts, read 9,239,683 times
this may or may not help you,

but try looking up message boards for microsoft's flight simulator. there are thousands of people who design add-on's using gmax, which is a stripped version of 3ds max.

you can get a copy of gmax from turbosquid. i've toyed around with it. seems to be a neat product. i've toyed around with it, but didn't make it far past the tutorial on building a mace.

anyhow, if you find some of those message boards you can get help from guys who do the 3d modeling for the game. yeh its all flight sim related, but there are some great 3d modelers/animators out there distributing freeware who i'm sure would be more than happy to give you some advice.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:54 PM

2 posts, read 2,906 times
heh thanks for the tip. I'll check it out. I actually already started more than a year ago. I use Autodesk Maya which is professional.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:36 PM

1,941 posts, read 9,239,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTheseus View Post
. . . I use Autodesk Maya which is professional.
so are you looking to work in film?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: