U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2009, 04:23 PM

1 posts, read 3,364 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!!! ,
I'm a 25 year old college student living in Charlotte who is considering relocating back to Atlanta sometime in 2011, when my schooling (community college, lol) is complete. I used to live in Dekalb County (Stone Mountain) back in the 80's when I was around three years old. Then when I was six years old, I moved to Virginia with my family. At age 13, we then moved to Charlotte. Yea, I moved around to many places in my lifetime. I definitely realize how much Atlanta has grown and changed from the time I lived there as a youngster until now. I mean, I've visited there so many times since then because friends of the family still reside there, my brother had moved back for a short time (now lives here in Charlotte) and it's a great getaway spot for those small day trips. LOL!!! Atlanta, for sure is not the city I used to live in back then. For one, it's the second closest thing to NYC/LA plus an inexpensive city to live in for a large city and a large city for a southern city. Out of all the places around the country I looked into moving, there has to be something about Atlanta that makes me want to move back so much!!!

My question to you is this...What do you really love about living in Atlanta??? I would like to hear from you!!! Oh and by the way, I'm new to this forum and this is my very first post!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 05:21 PM

173 posts, read 411,244 times
I love driving up Boulevard with neighborhoods like Inman Park to my east; the Buckhead skyline visible to the north; and the downtown/midtown skylines visible to the west.

I love that it's always growing, is always changing, and is never self-satisfied. No idea and no dream is too big here.

I love the HAWKS and FALCONS and BRAVES!!

I love the number of walkable neighborhoods with distinct personalities: Little Five Points, Candler Park, Grant Park, Inman Park, Little Five.

I love the dramatic architeture in neighborhoods like Buckhead and Ansley Park.

I love that the world's busiest airport is here and I can go anywhere in the world on any day at basically any time non-stop.

I love MARTA: especially during commuter hours. You see how diverse the city is.

I LOVE Piedmont Park. When it's nice out, or when there's a festival like Dogwood, it's like the whole city comes together. Families and couples and singles of every type and every hue.

I love Centenial Olympic Park. The view of the downtown skyline from there is terrific, as well as the CNN Center, Philips Arena and Coca Cola.

I love the food. Can find an amazing authentic restaurant of basically any kind, for less money than a place like NYC.

I love the cost of living.

I love the High Museum of Art. The exhibits that come through there are stunning, and the membership costs are low.

I love the theater: especially Fox, Alliance and Variety Playhouse in Little Five.

I love the number of prominent universities and the people they attract: Emory, Georgia Tech, Morehouse, Spelman.

I love the Sweet Auburn festival, and the area generally around MLK's birthhome.

I love the imprint we leave on America's music scene: Usher, Outkast, Ludcacris, TI, Akon, Ciara....the list goes on and on...

I love the nightlife on Crescent Ave in Midtown.

I love that it's home.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:28 PM

2,642 posts, read 7,372,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midtownatl View Post
I love driving up Boulevard with neighborhoods like Inman Park to my east; the Buckhead skyline visible to the north; and the downtown/midtown skylines visible to the west.

I love that it's always growing, is always changing, and is never self-satisfied. No idea and no dream is too big here.

I love the HAWKS and FALCONS and BRAVES!!

I love the number of walkable neighborhoods with distinct personalities: Little Five Points, Candler Park, Grant Park, Inman Park, Little Five.

I love the dramatic architeture in neighborhoods like Buckhead and Ansley Park.

I love that the world's busiest airport is here and I can go anywhere in the world on any day at basically any time non-stop.

I love MARTA: especially during commuter hours. You see how diverse the city is.

I LOVE Piedmont Park. When it's nice out, or when there's a festival like Dogwood, it's like the whole city comes together. Families and couples and singles of every type and every hue.

I love Centenial Olympic Park. The view of the downtown skyline from there is terrific, as well as the CNN Center, Philips Arena and Coca Cola.

I love the food. Can find an amazing authentic restaurant of basically any kind, for less money than a place like NYC.

I love the cost of living.

I love the High Museum of Art. The exhibits that come through there are stunning, and the membership costs are low.

I love the theater: especially Fox, Alliance and Variety Playhouse in Little Five.

I love the number of prominent universities and the people they attract: Emory, Georgia Tech, Morehouse, Spelman.

I love the Sweet Auburn festival, and the area generally around MLK's birthhome.

I love the imprint we leave on America's music scene: Usher, Outkast, Ludcacris, TI, Akon, Ciara....the list goes on and on...

I love the nightlife on Crescent Ave in Midtown.

I love that it's home.

Ditto.

I love that I don't have to use my car if I don't want to...I can either walk or bike (or run) just about anywhere I want/need.

I love the weather here. It's gorgeous for about 8-9 months out of the year....from late March to late-July, then again from September until January. Disclaimer: I originate from the New Orleans area where it's just hot all the time.

I love the beautiful spring we have here - all the dogwoods, peach trees, cherry trees, azaleas, hyrdrangeas, tulips, daffodils, etc, bloom just about all at once and it's stunning.

I love the way this city feels with all the trees...almost makes you forget you're in a big city.

I love that I know my neighbor and probably most or recognize most of the people who live in a 1 mile radius from me.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:57 PM

1,104 posts, read 1,177,028 times
The Women

Old 04-20-2009, 08:08 PM

360 posts, read 871,517 times
Decatur.

DeKalb Farmers Market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or