Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 07:11 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,084,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmusket View Post
An authentic German Beer garten and restaurant would be nice!
Ditto!!!

I would also like an authentic Singapore cuisine. I would like to try Singapore chicken and rice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2009, 10:11 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,805,239 times
Quote:

Does this place do the trick? Brick Store Pub: Welcome!

I can almost guarantee that every type of place mentioned in this thread exists somewhere in Atlanta already.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:16 AM

2,047 posts, read 4,619,592 times
We had a place in Huntsville called the Po Boy Factory. I'm fiending for a oyster po boy like you wouldn't believe right now.

There's a seafood restaurant in Destin called Dewey Destin. Totally without atmosphere of any kind. An absolute dive, but the best fried seafood I've ever had. Fair prices. Great for the kids. Right on the water.

Can you tell I'm dying for some seafood right about now.

Old 04-25-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
I always liked Donnie's Country Cookin for Southern meat and three meals... very cheap too.
It would be nice to see a real authentic BBQ place in Atlanta.. chopped pork with a vinegar based sauce (North Carolina style). I have yet to find a truly great BBQ place in Atlanta.
That's not North Carolina style BBQ...not with vinegar base. That's ONE style of North Carolina BBQ - and not the best style.

Why would Georgia restaurants have N.C. style BBQ anyway? BBQ is definitely one area that is fully covered in Atlanta...maybe not the style you want it to be, but the market is saturated with BBQ places.

Old 04-25-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
This is the biergarten I intended to post earlier...Kurt's: Home Page (http://kurtsrestaurant.com/page/o60e/Home_Page.html - broken link)

Old 04-26-2009, 06:59 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,483,637 times
[quote=RoslynHolcomb;8509906]We had a place in Huntsville called the Po Boy Factory. I'm fiending for a oyster po boy like you wouldn't believe right now.

There's a seafood restaurant in Destin called Dewey Destin. Totally without atmosphere of any kind. An absolute dive, but the best fried seafood I've ever had. Fair prices. Great for the kids. Right on the water.

Can you tell I'm dying for some seafood right about now.[/QUOTE

Parish, in Inman Park, might be an alternative.

I wish there was more seafood in Atlanta but understand the geographical limitations.

Years ago there was a great little place (similar to the one you describe in Destin) in Fort Walton Beach. The soft shell crab po boys and gumbo were incredible. IIRC, it was the 'Hog's Breath'/Better Than No Breath. lol.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:49 AM

2,047 posts, read 4,619,592 times
I was just looking at the menu from the Po Boy Factory in Huntsville and weeping. Now I'm really bummed. Apparently Just Loafn in Grant Park has good po boys, but really bad service. (My husband won't tolerate that. I'm more amenable to a 'casual' atmosphere, but he's liable to shank somebody.) Parish is a bit out of our budget. Rumor has it that Benny's BBQ in Snellville has a good one as does AJ's in Marietta. If we're ever in the area we'll check them both out, but probably won't make a road trip for one.

I don't understand why they can have Po Boys in Huntsville, but they're so hard to come by in Atlanta. I think Atlanta's closer to the ocean, isn't it?

Old 04-26-2009, 08:17 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,483,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoslynHolcomb View Post
I was just looking at the menu from the Po Boy Factory in Huntsville and weeping. Now I'm really bummed. Apparently Just Loafn in Grant Park has good po boys, but really bad service. (My husband won't tolerate that. I'm more amenable to a 'casual' atmosphere, but he's liable to shank somebody.) Parish is a bit out of our budget. Rumor has it that Benny's BBQ in Snellville has a good one as does AJ's in Marietta. If we're ever in the area we'll check them both out, but probably won't make a road trip for one.

I don't understand why they can have Po Boys in Huntsville, but they're so hard to come by in Atlanta. I think Atlanta's closer to the ocean, isn't it?
Parish has a deli/sandwich/coffee shop beneath the main restaurant. They sell the Po Boys there--$7 or $8.

Old 04-26-2009, 09:18 AM

29 posts, read 108,101 times
Another vote for an Argentine steakhouse!

Old 04-26-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piazzollachick View Post
Another vote for an Argentine steakhouse!
Argentine Steakhouse in Atlanta: Welcome to Pampas Steakhouse. A Steakhouse Like No Other. Johns Creek, GA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta