Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 11:19 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,808,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StPaulEastSider View Post
The agent specifically talked about the financing needed to get the beltline project completed - and beyond that, the land which will need to be purchased - the feasibility of actually securing contracts on that land.

The land has already been purchased...much of the funding is already in place...I think the agent was grossly misinformed.

Quote:
Beltline Funding Overview

Developing the BeltLine to its full potential will require a significant investment from both the public and private sectors. Over its 25-year lifespan, the BeltLine is anticipated to cost $2.8 billion.

Tax Allocation District (TAD) Financing: The BeltLine Tax Allocation District (TAD) will serve as the primary source of funding and will cover the majority of infrastructure costs. Bonds issued against increased tax revenue streams generated by new development within the 6500-acre TAD will fund approximately $1.7 billion of the project.

Capital Campaign: The BeltLine Partnership's $60 million capital campaign will raise critical early funds that will be used to acquire land for new parks and to develop trails.

Federal Funding: As the BeltLine gains momentum, federal funds will be available to aid in the development of trails and transit, along with other elements of the project.

City of Atlanta Funding: In addition to its participation in the Tax Allocation District, the City of Atlanta has invested approximately $165 million in the BeltLine to date through Park Opportunity Bonds and Department of Watershed Management and City of Atlanta Capital Improvement Program funds.
Atlanta BeltLine > Home

Last edited by DeaconJ; 05-09-2009 at 11:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2009, 01:30 PM

1,582 posts, read 2,185,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
This map was just recently released showing the location of Beltline stations:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10054722@N07/3509936416/ (broken link)
I was referring to the specific details such as the exact piece of land where the station will be next to Piedmont Park for example. Those are the proposed stations but whether those as well as other possible stations make the most sense is still in the process of being determined.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2rescue View Post
I was referring to the specific details such as the exact piece of land where the station will be next to Piedmont Park for example. Those are the proposed stations but whether those as well as other possible stations make the most sense is still in the process of being determined.
I can't remember where I found that map...and of course I can't find it now...but it was a recently published map showing the specific locations/names of the Beltline transit station.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:
I can't remember where I found that map...and of course I can't find it now...but it was a recently published map showing the specific locations/names of the Beltline transit station.
That map comes from a document on the environmental study that I mentioned earlier. All of it is preliminary at this point.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2rescue View Post
That map comes from a document on the environmental study that I mentioned earlier. All of it is preliminary at this point.
It actually came from the MARTA website...even though the number of stations and exact routing isn't 100% certain, this map is much more specific than previous maps. I also noticed that it states "number of stations" but the locations/names seem to be decided. Anyway, it's something a little more concrete than we've seen so far.

Quote:
The proposed alignment was arrived at after screening all proposed alignment alternatives and technologies for fatal flaws. Please be aware that the number of stations and exact routing are not set in stone, and will not be finalized until after the Final Environmental Impact Statement (FEIS) has been approved by the Federal Transit Administration
MARTA - Beltline Corridor Project

Old 05-10-2009, 08:42 AM

Quote:
It actually came from the MARTA website...even though the number of stations and exact routing isn't 100% certain, this map is much more specific than previous maps. I also noticed that it states "number of stations" but the locations/names seem to be decided. Anyway, it's something a little more concrete than we've seen so far.

MARTA - Beltline Corridor Project
Well that was my whole point in mentioning the environmental study - to show that things are getting more concrete and the Beltline is moving forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta