Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 03:22 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,083,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma31 View Post
Well that rules out quite a few subdivisions in that area.
We were looking back in early 2005. Some of those nicer subdivisions didn't exist back then.

Quote:
Just south of Veterans Memorial seems ok also.
Yes, some areas are. I like Cobblestone Creek, for example. I want that view!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacelord75 View Post
I lived in Providence for a few years and agree with rcsteiner's assessment...the further you go south of Veteran's, the rougher the area gets. Near Six Flags and it is pretty scary. Not sure what your budget is, but there are so many good deals out there on resales, that I would concentrate my search in the parts of Mableton near Vinings Estates or just go further north/east to Smyrna. I liked Providence a lot, but I would defintiely feel semi-nervous leaving my wife home alone if I had to go out of town or if she was out walking the dog....I would see a lot of riff raff in the surrounding areas, and often they would pop into our development.
I'd say the various subdivisions along Nickajack Road are fine also (located just to the west of Vinings Estates), and I really like our subdivision just south of Vinings Estates (Stoneybrook). Anything along and off Civitania Road is quite safe.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:46 PM

750 posts, read 2,276,501 times
I live in Cobblestone Creek and enjoy it alot, not sure what the price range is for the OP but the Legacy community (John Weiland) is pratically giving townhomes away in there. But the $250 a month hoa fee is hard to swallow. If there were anymore homes available in my comunity I'd say come on but I think we are at a stand still until the economy picks up or we get a new builder.

~And yeah it's a great view, especially from the pool.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPaul View Post
I live in Cobblestone Creek and enjoy it alot, not sure what the price range is for the OP but the Legacy community (John Weiland) is pratically giving townhomes away in there. But the $250 a month hoa fee is hard to swallow. If there were anymore homes available in my comunity I'd say come on but I think we are at a stand still until the economy picks up or we get a new builder.

Man. Our pool view looks like this:

Stoneybrook Mableton - Google Maps

Old 06-10-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Man. Our pool view looks like this:

Stoneybrook Mableton - Google Maps

lol hey it's wet. We haven't made it to the satellite maps yet.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:18 PM

102 posts, read 393,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPaul View Post

When I first decided to move to Atlanta, there were homes available in Cobblestone Creek but since then they've all been picked up.

I'm not really a townhome guy, I personally want the yard.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma31 View Post
When I first decided to move to Atlanta, there were homes available in Cobblestone Creek but since then they've all been picked up.

I'm not really a townhome guy, I personally want the yard.

We have homes in there also, but none being built. I think I do recall one person possibly selling theres though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta