Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 07:40 PM

15 posts, read 17,801 times

Advertisements

We will be moving to Alpharetta this summer. We saw a house in Crooked Creek that we loved. Does anyone have any information on that neighborhood as in desirability, schools, crime etc. We also noticed it was on the Forsyth County line. Is that a good thing, bad thing or really doesn't matter. Since we are new to the area we don't really know how that neighborhood stacks up to others. Please help. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2007, 07:46 PM

985 posts, read 5,756,427 times
It is in Milton school district, top three rated in North Fulton district, probably top ten in Atlanta area. Should be very nice and safe neighborhood. Only problem you need to worry is traffic.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:16 PM

79 posts, read 416,141 times
Default Little bit out there

My husband and I looked at Crooked Creek in December. It's in a beautiful area, but we felt it was a little bit too far off the beaten path for us. (Though if you want a more rural feeling area -- it might be the perfect place for you.)

Also, we couldn't believe the number of cars that were driving on the two lane roads in that area. Definitely drive around there during rush hour to see what it's really like.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:29 PM

3,972 posts, read 12,655,174 times
When I goggled it, it came up Fulton not Forsyth. Please be sure you know what you are looking at, sometimes housing in Metro Atlanta can be confusing, there are subdivisoins with similar names.

N. Fulton has good schools, but what about the commute? Where will your jobs be?

Old 04-05-2007, 08:37 PM

15 posts, read 17,801 times
I do know that it is in Fulton County. It is on the Forsyth line though. I was just wondering about that area and how it was.

Old 04-06-2007, 04:47 AM

254 posts, read 1,057,558 times
I'm guessing you are a mom b/o your screen name..you should join www.atlantaareamommies.com (mommy online forums with playgroups, MNO etc..lots of fun!)

There are a bunch of moms who live in Alpharetta and one may be able to help you

Old 04-06-2007, 05:54 AM

86 posts, read 437,733 times
Crooked Creek is a HIGHLY desired neighborhood! It is not off the beaten path in the least. It is in Alpharetta, which is a very HIGHLY sought after area and the prices of homes just continue to go up by the day. The school district is just about one of the BEST you will find in the state of GA, or ranked in the top 3 I believe. So yes, if you are asking about should you buy in there, if you can afford those homes I would highly suggest you buy in there while prices are still below the million $ mark.

Old 04-06-2007, 03:50 PM

59 posts, read 348,119 times
Before you consider any area in Atlanta, you have to take the traffic into account. I assume your husband will be commuting to a job - if his job is not in Alpharetta, then seriously consider someplace closer to where he will be working.

Right across the border in Forsyth County there are a number of other subdivisions that are on par with ones in Alpharetta. The taxes are lower in Forsyth, too.

Old 07-22-2012, 06:50 AM

8 posts, read 12,951 times
We are looking to buy a home in Crooked Creek, however,
we are a little concerned about the power lines. Does anyone have any input?

Old 07-22-2012, 07:06 AM

1,207 posts, read 2,811,352 times
I would not buy a house with power lines, if for no other reason, resale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: