Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2010, 12:10 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,243,813 times

Advertisements

Anyone been to this park?
Is it nice, fun?
I was thinking of trying it this summer with the family (kids ages 4 and 6).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 12:43 PM

16,683 posts, read 29,499,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1972 View Post
Anyone been to this park?
Is it nice, fun?
I was thinking of trying it this summer with the family (kids ages 4 and 6).

Water Parks Top Ten -- Travel Vacation SuperLink

Best Water Parks by America's Best Online and Top Ten

Old 06-21-2010, 03:07 PM

13,980 posts, read 25,939,932 times
A very good friend of mine gets season passes every year. Her kids love it, and she thinks it's well run.
The daily price is higher than I think it's worth, since public pools aren't my thing, but your kids will probably enjoy it.

Old 06-21-2010, 04:04 PM

90 posts, read 258,113 times
We are new to town and bought season passes and LOVE it! My kids are 8 and 11. It's big enough to have a lot of fun but not as huge as say a Disney water park. There is something for everyone, from toddlers to teenagers/adults. There is a lot of shade so you can stay out of the sun in various parts of the park if you wish. We go during the week (weekends are too busy for us), they have lockers for your stuff (expensive 16$) and we can usually find a lounge chair or two. The food is very expensive, like all parks, and they won't allow you to bring stuff in. What I like though is that you can wear a bracelet on your arm with a scan code to open your locker and you can get another bracelet that you charge up with money and then when you want to eat, they scan your bracelet and deduct that amount ----you basically do not have to carry keys or money around with you (not sure if that is for season pass holders only...look into it). Also with the season pass are many coupons...there are several days you can bring a friend for free or at a discount.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:12 PM

2,206 posts, read 6,889,338 times
There are discount coupons at McDonald's, too.

OP might be interested that there's also a water park at Lake Lanier. I'm not sure how it compares with White Water ... I've been to both but not recently nor close together. If anyone can offer an informed comparison, that might be helpful to the OP and others.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:02 PM

1,748 posts, read 5,523,666 times
We did get season passes this year to White Water and my kids really love it. We pack a lunch and eat in the car as the food costs are astronomical. There is a lot of shade as someone else mentioned and during the week the lines and crowds aren't too bad. I am not sure if I'd buy the passes again though....it's a lot of energy to take kids there!

Old 06-21-2010, 07:41 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times
If you are going to go once, it is expensive. Buy the season pass and go 3 or 4 times and it is reasonable. Same with Six Flags Park or Stone Mountain.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:03 PM

642 posts, read 2,218,585 times
Had season passes last year and was headed to the park this past Saturday to get some again. As bad luck had it just as we entered the parking lot we were told by an attendant that the park was closed due to lightning in a ten mile radius. Waste trip. Of course my 4 year old was quite upset. But whatcha gonna do about acts of nature. Maybe this weekend. He loves to go there and we went about 6 times in 09. Only thing is I don't get the chance to enjoy any rides for myself. I'd have to take a fun day off of work when the crowds are thinner and the lines presumably shorter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: