Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 06:12 AM

325 posts, read 976,963 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure what all this murder stuff has to do the the OP's question. I don't think should go back to the Falcons simply bc they had one of their best seasons without him. So if it ain't broke, don't fix it right? Send him to the Detroit Lions...they could use the help:-)

Old 05-25-2009, 07:33 AM

3,573 posts, read 5,288,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StPaulEastSider View Post
Also, AcidSnake, for your information, there is a MAJOR difference between watching animals violently killing one another for the purpose of entertainment and gambling, and killing animals for FOOD. Come on now, don't even pretend like the two are the same thing.
You got your opinion and I got mines. I'm just saying that if you "love" one group of animals then you gotta "love" them all. Also, if you're going to go after one industry that is perceived as abusing dogs then go after ALL the industries.

No room for inconsistency in my book because to do otherwise would be HYPOCRISY. And that's just about all I got to say about "animal lovers" & "PETA" and whatever. That's my opinion, take it or leave it.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:34 AM

593 posts, read 2,886,045 times
So how many dogs does someone have to murder to equal one human murder?

Old 05-25-2009, 07:37 AM

21 posts, read 18,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
If someone is found guilty of abuse to animals (dog fighting/killing), or using steroids or other performance enhancing drugs, or for that matter, breaking any other law that some pro sports players have done over the years (multi-DUIs, wife/girlfriend beatings, weapons charges, etc) then NO, they should NOT be "supported again" on any professional sports team.
Says who?

Old 05-25-2009, 09:23 AM

2,047 posts, read 4,604,809 times
Quote:
unfortunately none of your post are credible.
Oh yeah, I lack credibility because I don't make it my business to know grown men who brutalize animals to death. Now that's laughable.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:45 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,136,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoslynHolcomb View Post
Anyone's who's ever worked social services has the animal rights people's number on speed dial. More than once I've gone into a child abuse case and also seen abused animals. Plenty of abused animal cases have also resulted in prosecution for child abuse.

I couldn't care less about football, and actually didn't know who this man was until I heard about him slamming animal's heads into concrete. Far as I'm concerned, someone who would do that to an animal would also do it to a kid. I know from personal experience. I have relatives who are into cockfighting, another brutal and inhumane 'sport.' I've never seen them treat their animals that way. There are euthanasia drugs readily available for taking care of these animals. If these uneducated backwoods people can get access to the proper drugs don't tell me that Vick, a college-educated multi-millionaire could not do the same. Nope, this was about being macho, gangsta. Being hard. Far as I'm concerned they should've treated him the same way he treated those poor dogs.

Football is a brutal inhumane sport, so presumably he would be in good company. I don't care whether he plays football again. It's not a sport that I follow and it's certainly not one I'd ever let my child play.
Agree 100% with your comments up to the football part at the end.

Football, if played with proper sportsmanship and according to the rules, can be a great, enjoyable, athletic sport. My son played Pop Warner for several years in that mold. He loved it, and I loved playing it as a kid and I enjoyed coaching.

I think it's more professional sports and professional players who have morphed into this celebrity, anything goes world, and many get full of themselves. They take on entourages, money sucking relatives and friends, and they feel invincible. This behavior takes them from athlete to criminal. Vick fell into this world and he's now having to pay the price for his poor choices.

I think what it boils down to with the owners now is whether or not they want to take a chance with him, since he's damaged goods. Forgetting all the moral or legal aspects, will he be a draw at the box office or a negative for an NFL team? I think it could go either way, but frankly there are plenty of great players out there like Matt Ryan who don't come with all this baggage. I just don't see many NFL franchises wanting the added baggage of a guy like Vick and all that will come with it.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:53 AM

3,440 posts, read 8,024,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
I'm sorry but animals are meant to be our beasts of burden. God intended them just for that purpose, like it or not.

I hate it when people speak for God to promote there ideas...

Old 05-25-2009, 09:53 AM

750 posts, read 2,271,157 times
Personally I think he's done his time he should get a second chance but I think alot of folks in Atlanta are tired of giving him multiple chances he just doesn't seem to get it or care to get it. He owned this city when he played, he was what alot of sport fans, Falcons fans, Atlantans have waited for but he just kept letting us down. Anyway good luck to him somewhere else, whether he is successful again I honestly don't care.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:57 AM

550 posts, read 1,632,251 times
Roslyn, you had me until....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoslynHolcomb View Post
Football is a brutal inhumane sport, so presumably he would be in good company. I don't care whether he plays football again. It's not a sport that I follow and it's certainly not one I'd ever let my child play.

You obviously have not ever "followed" football. It is not brutal, nor is it inhumane. I don't follow football as closely these days compared to when I was growing up and my family had season tickets to the MN Vikings, but when I do sit down and watch the game, let me tell you - I am in awe at the skill and athleticism of today's professional football players. While I don't follow any teams closely, I can still sit and watch an entire game with my husband, if it's a good game - because I like the game.

To say it is a brutal, inhumane sport is a cheap shot. Dog fighting is a brutal, inhumane sport... football is not in the same category.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:01 AM

550 posts, read 1,632,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicMcDigital View Post
Says who?
Says atlantagreg30127.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta