U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 02:51 PM

823 posts, read 1,955,895 times

Advertisements

For everyone who wishes Atlanta was near water, just wait! It will happen!

Futurama-Futurama - Hail Atlanta - AOL Video

Hopefully it happens soon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 04:14 PM

11,319 posts, read 21,896,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreda30238 View Post
Ah boo... natives don't blame transplants for everything....what an exaggeration! We just tell it like it is....plain and simple..lol
Hehe. Besides, if the natives do complain, it's probably the transplants' fault anyway, right?

I like it down here, and I like the fact that Atlanta is different from the Twin Cities where I grew up. That makes it more interesting for me.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:48 PM

20,893 posts, read 32,901,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteyNice View Post
For everyone who wishes Atlanta was near water, just wait! It will happen!

Futurama-Futurama - Hail Atlanta - AOL Video

Hopefully it happens soon!
ROTFLMAO one of my daughters told me about this; that is hilarious.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:38 PM

9 posts, read 15,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakilaTheHun View Post
Neither DC nor Atlanta 'tried to push force the hood out to the suburbs'. Rather, rising property prices pushed the inner city poor out into the cheaper suburbs. There was no grand conspiracy on part of any city planners for that to happen.
Incorrect, the powers that be created both white flight and gentrification. The New Powers (Environmentalist) want a different lifestyle that people in a certain class can benefit from. Is it a conspiracy? Nope it is done in the face of the poor. If you have no money, you have no say. Urban Planners everywhere are now getting involved in the trend, the information is out there, if the poor don't make the decision to adjust then they have to suffer. Truth.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:44 PM

9 posts, read 15,136 times
Saying "i hate transplant" Is like saying you hate foreigners...The city doesn't belong to anyone, anyone & everyone can move to Atlanta Metro if they like. If don't like transplants, foreigner or visitors you better off living on the moon lol. Major Cities have transplants, from New York, Los Angeles, Chicago & Phillly. They all have transplants.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:16 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,802,133 times
I halfway agree with LovinDecatur on ATL being in the Northeast. See, it's all about where in the NEast; Atlanta would be just another city if it were NYC and D.C. but I think it would stand out fine if it were in Maine to compete with that New England heavyhitter. Overall, I think Atlanta's too good for Georgia and doesn't fit in anymore. It was already mentioned that we'd thrive in the DMV (preferably VA) region and I think that idea is spot on.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:28 PM

31 posts, read 116,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
Atlanta would be the perfect place to live.....If things were closer together, if their was a beach near by, if their were Bodegas so I could get a good hero/breakfast sandwich/a $5 plate of Spanish Food(and when I say Spanish I mean Dominican/Puerto Rican) within walking distance of my house, if it you could see more nationalities/cultures/ethnicities
I am there with you on that note!

Old 05-27-2009, 07:30 PM

I don't doubt that Atlanta has its good points, but besides the nice weather and affordable housing...there seems to be something missing. I am curious to see if other people can nip it in the bud.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:39 PM

You are so right. I actually feel safer in the NE. I don't recall hearing about home invasions, car jacking, truck jackings, bank armed robberies! It's crazy down here!

Old 05-27-2009, 07:40 PM

Doraville is not a Chinatown, it's a Koreatown!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or