Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 07:09 PM

31 posts, read 128,977 times

Advertisements

I need to know from all the other Atlantans out there. Complete the sentence with your thoughts. Here are mine:

Atlanta would be the perfect place to live, only if were actually located in the northeast!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 07:12 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,786,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yami29 View Post
I need to know from all the other Atlantans out there. Complete the sentence with your thoughts. Here are mine:

Atlanta would be the perfect place to live, only if were actually located in the northeast!
I'm curious to know your reasoning.In my opinion,Atlanta would be great if it was on water or had a river that ran through the downtown or intown areas.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:19 PM

1,352 posts, read 4,373,576 times
atlanta would be the perfect place to live..... if you lived outside city limits

Old 05-25-2009, 08:00 PM

23,447 posts, read 44,050,291 times
Quote:

Then it wouldn't be Atlanta...it would just be another filthy, crime-ridden city in the northeast.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:21 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,399,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Then it wouldn't be Atlanta...it would just be another filthy, crime-ridden city in the northeast.
True, though we are also a filthy, crime-ridden city too we are in the Southeast so the weather is better

Old 05-25-2009, 08:57 PM

608 posts, read 1,707,859 times
Atlanta would be the perfect place to live if ...

... it had a well developed public transit system
... it didn't have nightmarish traffic problems
... if it were in its own state so it wouldn't have to be governed by the rest of Georgia
... if it didn't have nightmarish development patterns that will led to problems down the road (e.g. water crisis)
... if it were more bikable
... if it had a greater selection of grocery chains inside the Perimeter (not a huge fan of Kroger or Publix --- ATL needs a Harris Teeter!)
... if it didn't have Georgia Power (I had terrible experiences with them)
... if it had more than one DMV location!

Last edited by DiderotsGhost; 05-25-2009 at 09:29 PM..

Old 05-25-2009, 09:02 PM

608 posts, read 1,707,859 times
Quote:

Do you like cold weather?

I love Atlanta's humidity, so maybe I'm a bit crazy. I've never been able to deal with the cold. Even Atlanta is too cold for me in the winter months!

Old 05-25-2009, 09:29 PM

573 posts, read 2,505,160 times
Atlanta would be the perfect place to live....
...if people didn't run you off the freeway but then stare at green lights on surface streets thinking 'gee, i wonder what those are for'...
...if marta didn't have fixed prices. what a rip-off.
...if there was a grid system(!!!!)

Old 05-25-2009, 09:32 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,185,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
I left the northeast to get away from the cold, the snow, and the liberal politics, among other things. I hate to keep getting into this northeast versus Atlanta thing...but since I didn't start it.....I'll add this.

It might surprise you to know that in reality, many areas of the northeast are pretty low when it comes to crime, and in fact, Boston, New York, and many of the cities are much safer than Atlanta. As far as being filthy, this is certainly very location specific, but that's really a false generalization and stereotype.

There are certainly exceptions and crime ridden cities like Philly, but if you compare the suburbs and small towns in the northeast, they are an order of magnitude lower in crime stats than many comprable areas of Georgia. Same goes for the smaller cities of comprable size to Atlanta, such as Worcester, Providence, Rochester, and I bet even Hartford.

I don't recall the daily news reports of stabbings, murders, gang violence, home invasions, and on and on. The biggest surprise for me when we moved here was the crime. I'm not saying I wouldn't have moved here, but I definitely didn't understand the magnitude of the crime here.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:32 PM

235 posts, read 838,096 times
... if the traffic wasn't so unbearable + the multitudes of bad drivers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta