Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 02:20 AM

625 posts, read 1,149,021 times

Advertisements

The latinos are stronger than the asians definitely, because they are strong ITP, Buford HWY all the way into Buckhead and some on the North perimeter area, Cheshire Bridge area, Lindbergh area.

Unlike LA, where they have a Chinatown, the Asians here are mostly OTP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 06:08 AM

2,819 posts, read 10,402,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondandfun View Post
The latinos are stronger than the asians definitely, because they are strong ITP, Buford HWY all the way into Buckhead and some on the North perimeter area, Cheshire Bridge area, Lindbergh area.

Unlike LA, where they have a Chinatown, the Asians here are mostly OTP.
In regard to the Asian population, the majority is in Duluth, Suwanee, and an ever growing population heading into Dacula and Hamilton Mill. Duluth Pleasant Hill to John's Creek is now referred to as Koreatown and quite frankly the area of Gwinnett Place is showing benefit due to this as most have brought stores, restaurants, etc. to the area. The H Mart Plaza on Pleasant Hill is nice, clean, new, and full of pride. A Korean corp has actually bought out a piece of the Gwinnett Place Mall. Contstruction there on renewal is also underway.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:08 AM

722 posts, read 3,316,006 times
of course black growth is the strongest and they will always be the dominant minority here, imo

Old 06-11-2009, 09:32 AM

23 posts, read 56,793 times
they are? have you seen the latest figures. what are you talking about?

Old 06-11-2009, 10:16 AM

257 posts, read 669,496 times
This is interesting in regards to this topic:

The Atlanta Regional Commission reports that in 2000, the white, non-Hispanic population of the 20-county Atlanta metro region formed 60 percent of the total population; by 2006, that had shrunk to 54 percent, not so much because whites were leaving — although four counties did see absolute declines in white numbers — but because of the arrival in the suburbs of African Americans, Hispanics, Asians, Africans and Caribbeans. Of the 10 counties in the nation with the largest declines in white percentage of the population from 2000 to 2006, six are in the suburbs of Atlanta.

Atlanta and the Urban Future | GOVERNING

Old 06-11-2009, 04:02 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,834,261 times
Hearing about Gainesville being 33% hispanic shocks me. I had no idea you found them in such high percentages in georgia. After all of the many times i've been to the peach state i can't remember seeing so much as a mexican restaurant. they didn't even know how to fold the burritos at the taco bell.

Now as far as Texas being Mexican, it depends where in the state you are. In some areas puerto ricans and panamanians outnumber mexicans.

Old 06-11-2009, 11:12 PM

1,262 posts, read 2,974,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcCoySays View Post
Hearing about Gainesville being 33% hispanic shocks me. I had no idea you found them in such high percentages in georgia. After all of the many times i've been to the peach state i can't remember seeing so much as a mexican restaurant. they didn't even know how to fold the burritos at the taco bell.
When was the last time you were here?

Old 06-12-2009, 09:36 AM

1,365 posts, read 2,834,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsonga View Post
When was the last time you were here?
The last time I went home (Augusta) was in 2006.

Old 07-01-2010, 06:20 PM

3 posts, read 7,433 times
There are not too many Ricans in Georgia....Thank GOD for that. Prefer Mexicans, Cubans, Dominicans, Panamanians, just please not too many Ricans....they bring down the value of the property. Stand on corners all the time.

Old 07-01-2010, 08:17 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,182,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbobgurl View Post
There are not too many Ricans in Georgia....Thank GOD for that. Prefer Mexicans, Cubans, Dominicans, Panamanians, just please not too many Ricans....they bring down the value of the property. Stand on corners all the time.
you won't be here long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta