U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 01:09 PM

10 posts, read 12,641 times

Advertisements

As seriuos as the mess he left. And the many welcome signs he had in Dallas and his library built there. Your post is so typical of the area, Dallas isnt conservative! Yeah my butt. And it's not flat either. Sheeseh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 01:25 PM

2 posts, read 2,107 times
Default Dallas GA

[FONT=Verdana]We moved here from Tulsa 2002 before 2002 we were in Houston for 17 years. I have lived in Ohio, California, Virginia, South Carolina, Colorado, Wyoming, Texas, Oklahoma and now Georgia. All have had their pluses and minuses, GA is without a doubt on average the nicest, now if only I could go Jeepin but alas, not here. Dallas is on the west side, west of Marietta, It is one of the fastest growing counties in the US--or at least it was. We have 2 months of hot and 2 of cold the rest of the time generally nice. If you have any questions just e-mail me or PM. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]As this is not my love, and I am an "Official Greeter" on a router forum I won't be visiting here very often, and that is not because I don't like this forum, just other commitments.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]

Old 06-01-2009, 01:34 PM

2 posts, read 2,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
In regards to cost of living, both cities are almost a wash, but I would give a slight nod to Dallas. The housing is a little cheaper, but property taxes are a bit higher there as they have no state income tax (the revenue's gotta come from somewhere I guess). Also I've heard a lot about the astronomical energy bills there regarding AC and heating.

[FONT=Verdana]Georgia has no state income tax? I wonder who I was making the contribution to the last 7 years. Yes it does have a state income tax, so if you live here might want to check into that![/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]

Old 06-01-2009, 02:01 PM

2,531 posts, read 5,468,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplorx4 View Post
Georgia has no state income tax? I wonder who I was making the contribution to the last 7 years. Yes it does have a state income tax, so if you live here might want to check into that!
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

I could've sworn they were talking about Texas not having any state income tax in that post, and explaining the high property taxes.

Old 06-01-2009, 02:05 PM

2,531 posts, read 5,468,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portyhead24 View Post
You can't be serious. Too white and too conservative? What Dallas did you live in? and as far as W goes he is free to live where he wants to. I can guarantee I and many people I know aren't ecstatic about him living here, but at the same time we're not gonna have a protest or try to run him out of town.

The city of Dallas is majority-minority now, isn't it? It's about 25% Af-Am, 35% Hispanic now. The suburbs OTOH would probably be more white and conservative. But even then, I find many suburbs in DFW to be a bit more diverse than ATL's. I don't think there are majority-African-American areas on the scale of South Dekalb or South Fulton in the DFW area. I know the "Best Southwest" suburbs would come closest, but not quite.

My question is, would Collin County be anymore conservative than say, Cobb County or North Fulton?

Old 06-01-2009, 02:59 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,303,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pders View Post
As seriuos as the mess he left. And the many welcome signs he had in Dallas and his library built there. Your post is so typical of the area, Dallas isnt conservative! Yeah my butt. And it's not flat either. Sheeseh
My post is a typical response because it's the truth. Go back and read what you wrote in the first place. Your post is more stereotypical than I've seen in a while. I didn't say Dallas wasn't conservative but you make it sound like a GOP haven or something. Dallas is more diverse than that as is Atlanta, so just take your pidgeon-holed narrow mind and move it along.

Last edited by portyhead24; 06-01-2009 at 03:11 PM..

Old 06-01-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
The city of Dallas is majority-minority now, isn't it? It's about 25% Af-Am, 35% Hispanic now. The suburbs OTOH would probably be more white and conservative. But even then, I find many suburbs in DFW to be a bit more diverse than ATL's. I don't think there are majority-African-American areas on the scale of South Dekalb or South Fulton in the DFW area. I know the "Best Southwest" suburbs would come closest, but not quite.

My question is, would Collin County be anymore conservative than say, Cobb County or North Fulton?
Collin County is a more conservative and white area of the metroplex. This is an area that I consider leans more conservative and less diverse. It's not quite like that in Dallas county and Dallas proper. That pretty much goes with any large cities. Larger cities tend to be more diverse whether it be racially, politically, culturally etc. So reading some of these gross exaggerations tends to send off my BS meter. Back to your question though I'd say yes, Collin County is more conservative than Cobb and Fulton County and yes, Dallas is majority-minority with 23.8% of the population black, 2.7% asian and 42.4% hispanic or latino.

Old 06-01-2009, 03:25 PM

10 posts, read 12,641 times
The truth? Lord to be as niave as dallasites. anyhow my narrow mind is done rehasing a mediocre at best town in an awful state. This op will find his way.

Old 06-01-2009, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pders View Post
The truth? Lord to be as niave as dallasites. anyhow my narrow mind is done rehasing a mediocre at best town in an awful state. This op will find his way.
Way to stereotype, you just keep on keepin on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or