Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2009, 03:54 PM

27 posts, read 94,309 times

Advertisements

Got a girl flying up to Atlanta next weekend. She's never been. I thought I would take her to the aquarium and she wants to go to lenox square to shop. Any other places I could take her to impress?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 03:58 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,079,020 times
What's the name of that Japanese restaurant in Buckhead?

It's right next to the Hyatt.

Ya know, that really cool place upstairs?

Help me out here.

Last edited by YAZ; 05-29-2009 at 03:59 PM.. Reason: It's Buckhead, not Buckeye.

Old 05-29-2009, 04:07 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,081,029 times
What things would you and your date like to do? Restaurants, bars etc???

I will chime in on restaurants:

ONE. midtown kitchen great place and not that expensive. You must go and check the restrooms out.

Spice Market, Spice Market Atlanta, Jean-Georges Vongerichten, For reservations call (404) 549-5450 and W Hotels Atlanta: W Atlanta - Midtown - Hotel Rooms at WHotels.com at the W in Midtown. Go at night when it starts to get lively. My dinner at Spice Market was incredible. They also have a 5 course menu (each course consists of 2 items) for $48 pp. It was a great dining experience. Don't miss the ginger margarita!

Drinks at Krog Wine Bar by Chef Kevin Rathbun of Rathbun's and Kevin Rathbun Steak and then dinner at Rathbun's by Chef Kevin Rathbun of Rathbun's & Krog Bar - Best Overall Restaurant. Kevin Rathbun won on "Iron Chef America". Don't miss the dessert sampler!

TOP FLR cozy little spot.

Have fun!!!

Old 05-29-2009, 04:08 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,081,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
What's the name of that Japanese restaurant in Buckhead?

It's right next to the Hyatt.

Ya know, that really cool place upstairs?

Help me out here.
MF Sushi?

http://www.mfsushibar.com/index.html

Old 05-29-2009, 05:05 PM

593 posts, read 2,893,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by From239to404 View Post
she wants to go to lenox square to shop.
Just make sure she doesn't discover the place across the street.

Maybe take her to lobster bar. $$$$

Old 05-29-2009, 06:23 PM

135 posts, read 640,230 times
Why not go up to the wineries up north? One of my favorites is Wolf Creek Winery.But there is about 5 or 6 that are close together in Dahlonega. Some don't have very good wine, but Wolf Creek, Blackstock and Three Sisters are all good. Wolf Creek serves lunch most weekends i think. You may want to call to be sure. Nearby is Amicalola falls, it's a steep climb (over 600 steps) all the way to the top but the waterfall is pretty and the view is rather nice too. You can of course, drive to the top, where you can park to see the view and rest awhile at the guest house/ inn at the top. The Inn might serve food, but it may also only be for guests, i'm not sure.

Stone Mountain is also an Atlanta icon of sorts. you could hike up to the top, or just ride the syktrail basket. You can see for miles once you're up there. The hike is moderate most of the way. It's about a mile up to the top. Take water bottles! It can get hot very fast.

Downtown you could hit up world of coke after the aquarium since it's right next door, and amble through olympic park and try not to be acosted by panhandlers. the CNN center has a tour, but i have no idea how interesting it is.

If you want shopping areas there's always atlantic station. Although i would not eat at many of the places in atlantic station. Perimeter mall also has a wide range of shops as does North Pointe Mall. Perimeter has a large variety of restaurants that are all pretty good.

There's always interesting thigns to see at the museums downtown as well. The High has rotating exhibits that are always pretty neat.

My favorite 'wow' restaurant is in vinings, it's called Canoe (http://www.canoe-atl.com/canoe_content.htm - broken link). It's gamey food, but always delicious, dressy, excellent service staff, good wine selection. Another good restaurant, in midtown, is Veni Vidi Vici (http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/vvv.html - broken link). It's Italian, dressy, delicious, and they have good service and a good wine list.

hope this helps!

Old 05-29-2009, 09:49 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,872,549 times
Taker her to see the new Star Trek movie. Get extra butter on the popcorn.

Aside from that - browse the small shops in the Virginia Highland neighborhood, or if you feel nature-ish, take her to the Atlanta Botantical Gardens (chicks dig it).

Old 05-30-2009, 04:39 AM

2,642 posts, read 8,257,678 times
Oh, I second taking her to Rathburns for pre-dinner drinks and dinner. Then you can go to Estoria, which is that bar at the other end of the Krog St tunnel. It's a bit more grungy, but a good place.

Then you could take her to a club, which I don't know anything about...don't go clubbing anymore, just pub crawlin, which you can do in Virginia-Highland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta