Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 11:05 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,139,085 times

Advertisements

I love record stores, but the original post was 5-6 years ago....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 06:47 PM

783 posts, read 1,161,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
I love record stores, but the original post was 5-6 years ago....
True, so wouldn't that bring the need for updated information?

Such as the fact that it looks like Full Moon Records near Little Five Points is soon to be defunct?

Old 12-19-2014, 07:05 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,292,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Dockery View Post

Such as the fact that it looks like Full Moon Records near Little Five Points is soon to be defunct?
That's true. The notorious jerk that owns Fellini's and La Fonda bought the building and is kicking him out after having told the tennants he wasn't going to make any changes.

Old 12-19-2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
That's true. The notorious jerk that owns Fellini's and La Fonda bought the building and is kicking him out after having told the tennants he wasn't going to make any changes.
I hadn't planned to head back through Atlanta until after New Years, but this makes me want to make another trip tomorrow, mainly to touch base with Ted at Full Moon if possible and find out what his plans might be... when Fantasyland was uprooted a couple of years ago the move to Pharr Road seemed to be a good one, or, as I say, seems to be.

I remember when I first found them at the new location, I was saying, "You know, there used to be an Oxford Books, 'Oxford-On-Pharr', right along here somewhere..."

The Fantasyland guys laughed and said "Yeah, this building is on the spot where Oxford-On-Pharr used to stand!"

Such concepts of change just feel... /crazy/ sometimes. I mean Oxford-On-Pharr, that building, just seemed like it was there to stay.

Never in Atlanta, where everything passes, everything changes.

Old 12-19-2014, 08:26 AM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Dockery View Post
I hadn't planned to head back through Atlanta until after New Years, but this makes me want to make another trip tomorrow, mainly to touch base with Ted at Full Moon if possible and find out what his plans might be... when Fantasyland was uprooted a couple of years ago the move to Pharr Road seemed to be a good one, or, as I say, seems to be.

I remember when I first found them at the new location, I was saying, "You know, there used to be an Oxford Books, 'Oxford-On-Pharr', right along here somewhere..."

The Fantasyland guys laughed and said "Yeah, this building is on the spot where Oxford-On-Pharr used to stand!"

Such concepts of change just feel... /crazy/ sometimes. I mean Oxford-On-Pharr, that building, just seemed like it was there to stay.

Never in Atlanta, where everything passes, everything changes.
I'm going to send you a PM.

Old 12-19-2014, 08:32 AM
JPD

I posted several years ago on this thread that Ella Guru had closed. That was true, but they have since reopened. They're now in Oak Grove on Lavista Road. Vinyl only.

Old 12-19-2014, 08:35 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,052,659 times
Quote:
Add Book Nook to your list for sure (if you return, or anyone else interested) nice selection of used CDs and... books!
Also not a bad selection of used vinyl.

Believe it or not, the FMV in Sugarloaf Mills also has a used vinyl section.

However, I have found that it is quite difficult to find 12" singles in Atlanta as well as music beyond 70s and 80s rock.

Old 12-19-2014, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
Also not a bad selection of used vinyl.

Believe it or not, the FMV in Sugarloaf Mills also has a used vinyl section.

However, I have found that it is quite difficult to find 12" singles in Atlanta as well as music beyond 70s and 80s rock.
I'm familiar with the Sugarloaf Mills, but not sure what FMV is?

Old 12-19-2014, 08:59 AM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post

Full Moon has a couple hundred 12" singles in their $1 bin.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:14 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,777,542 times
Don't forget Fantasyland on Pharr Road -- one of the best in the city for many years.

Fantasyland Records | Buy & Sell Vinyl, LPs, 45s, CDs, DVDs, Posters, Magazines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta