Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 09:10 AM

2,278 posts, read 3,017,582 times

Advertisements

I haven't been on the singles scene for a bit but:

Regarding Georgia Tech... the problem there is that its only ~ 30% female. There is nothing ostensibly wrong with the women/girls there... a great many of them are intelligent and motivated, but the lopsided female/male ratio means that even average or below average females on the personality/attractiveness/eligibility continuum get a lot of attention. It is possible to get dates there, but a guy may find himself putting in a larger amount of effort and energy for diminished results. The guys there know this, and the girls there know this.

Oh yeah, the girls at Emory know this about Tech, too. LOL. The ones I have met treat Tech guys just like the Tech girls treat Tech guys.

I'm married now, but back in the day I would usually run into the most singles in and around Piedmont Park. Try not to limit your social networking to bars or clubs. Sports leagues, dance classes, meetup groups and other social gatherings mega-church events, local festivals) are venues where that offer more latitude for approaching people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2016, 10:29 AM

31,997 posts, read 36,601,808 times
They had this report in the AJC the other day.

Quote:
Single Atlantans, you may want to move to Chicago to find love.

Atlanta is among the worst cities and Chicago is the best city for dating in the United States, according to a report released this week by “The Great Love Debate,” a national tour that brings together single men and women with relationship experts to discuss dating.

More...Singles be warned: Atlanta ranked among worst cities for dating | www.ajc.com

Old 06-10-2016, 02:54 PM

6,331 posts, read 11,880,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
It's basically rated among the worst for females, but best for males because of the female:male ratio.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:42 PM

4,010 posts, read 3,732,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
It's basically rated among the worst for females, but best for males because of the female:male ratio.

This lie is still being said even though census reports have always said its around 51% female and 49% men.

Take out the gay men then take away the lesbians, strippers, the women selling sex and the crazy women and its even

Old 06-10-2016, 08:51 PM

4,010 posts, read 3,732,438 times
Atlanta, Georgia, Demographic Statistics

50% female
49% male

So please stop with the lie that the ratio is so uneven

Old 06-11-2016, 06:20 PM

6,610 posts, read 8,991,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post

I'm not sure I would base my living situation on a report from "The Great Love Debate". There are far more reliable sources than that I'm sure. If you're attractive and/or interesting and make yourself available for people to meet you will do very well anywhere. If you're not, then you may want to trust these inane "reports". LOL!

Old 06-12-2016, 03:29 AM

341 posts, read 264,143 times
Atlanta dating seen is weird,but atlanta has most beatiful women i seen however the women here seem to be either lesbian or money hungry and not looking for relationship.

Old 06-12-2016, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwali2009 View Post
Atlanta dating seen is weird,but atlanta has most beatiful women i seen however the women here seem to be either lesbian or money hungry and not looking for relationship.

The women here are just as varied and diverse as anywhere else. I'm sure there is a fair number who are lesbian and/or money hungry, but there are just as many that aren't. It's silly to generalize about how women are just from one person's limited experiences...surely you don't feel like you've encountered all women in Atlanta when you've really only encountered a tiny fraction of them.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:07 PM

341 posts, read 264,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
The women here are just as varied and diverse as anywhere else. I'm sure there is a fair number who are lesbian and/or money hungry, but there are just as many that aren't. It's silly to generalize about how women are just from one person's limited experiences...surely you don't feel like you've encountered all women in Atlanta when you've really only encountered a tiny fraction of them.
I agree atlanta women are diverse,but stats do prove ALOT of the women in atlanta are lesbian due to atlanta has a VERY high LGBT population more then most cities,so my comment does hold some truth yes?

Old 06-12-2016, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwali2009 View Post
I agree atlanta women are diverse,but stats do prove ALOT of the women in atlanta are lesbian due to atlanta has a VERY high LGBT population more then most cities,so my comment does hold some truth yes?

There are a lot of lesbians in Atlanta, but even a lot is a small percentage (like probably less than 10%) - not enough to complain about. I think percentages of gay/lesbian population is much higher than estimates due to difficulty in counting them, but even the high estimates are somewhere around 10-12% overall and lower for women.

And they aren't really hanging around Atlanta's singles scene so no matter how high the percentage is it doesn't affect anyone's chance of meeting a single straight woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta