Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 03:46 AM

268 posts, read 344,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbreeze22 View Post
I'm in Henry, and in my opinion it would be well worth it for your family to go just a tiny bit further south. I'd be surprised if you couldn't find a comparable rental (size, price, subdivision ammenities) in an area where there isn't nearly as much of a transition going on. Stockbridge in general and Flippen Rd. in particular are in the middle stages of becoming... hmm, how do I say this... Clayton-like.

I'm not a total Clayton hater at all, but the general opinion of Clayton and the elements within it have been spilling over into Stockbridge for a few years now, and have a good hold in the Avian Forest area.

Especially since you're homeschooling, I believe you can find a really nice house rental for a good price in areas zoned for Dutchtown schools or Henry County Middle and High schools (the two least desirable school clusters in the county).

elements= he is talking about middle class blacks.typical white metro atl person who resents the rise of the black middle class who can afford to buy a nice home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2014, 11:46 AM

132 posts, read 122,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satchseven View Post
elements= he is talking about middle class blacks.typical white metro atl person who resents the rise of the black middle class who can afford to buy a nice home
Yeah the median income for black people in Stockbridge is $55,861 and the median family income is $63,669. The crime rate is below average too.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Stockbridge-Georgia.html

Old 08-01-2015, 06:26 AM

2,014 posts, read 5,099,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axemanjoe View Post
That area isn't too bad, but there are better areas, the south end of the County is more rural, but the traffic is terrible. Henry County is getting more and more like Clayton every day. In 5 years or less it'll be like Clayton is now. Fayette, Cowetta or Douglas are better, Newton is starting to get crowded like Rockdale but is better than Henry. We moved here in '95, I'm sorry for it now.
Well, it's 5 years later. Can any one say if this turned out to be true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchseven View Post
i am calling bull on your post, keep running every time you see a black person you will be living in valdosta
I'm not sure how that would help, considering Valdosta is 48.8% black. Maybe you should have used the North Georgia mountains as an example. Many places in Middle, East Central, West Central, and South Georgia have similar or higher black population % than even the city of Atlanta itself.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:37 AM

199 posts, read 302,766 times
am confused why you moving there to Henry County? Is your military is going to Fort Gillem just saying man. I would live in Stock bridge, but try this Forest Park, GA that more closer.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:43 AM

199 posts, read 302,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Soul Bro View Post
Well, it's 5 years later. Can any one say if this turned out to be true?

I'm not sure how that would help, considering Valdosta is 48.8% black. Maybe you should have used the North Georgia mountains as an example. Many places in Middle, East Central, West Central, and South Georgia have similar or higher black population % than even the city of Atlanta itself.

Am confused why South of Georgia Counties are increasing more African American. Like you got Clayton County that went to 51% to 66%???? And there is less black at North Georgia like Alpharetta, GA. So overall we talk about middle class so??? Like Henry County went up to 14.70% to 36.91% in 2010 Wow.

Old 11-19-2015, 09:00 PM

4,209 posts, read 4,744,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNGAnderson View Post
Am confused why South of Georgia Counties are increasing more African American. Like you got Clayton County that went to 51% to 66%???? And there is less black at North Georgia like Alpharetta, GA. So overall we talk about middle class so??? Like Henry County went up to 14.70% to 36.91% in 2010 Wow.
Maybe because these are nice areas, and African Americans like nice areas just like any other person would?

Old 11-22-2015, 06:28 PM

101 posts, read 136,367 times
I'm really saddened that people still posts racist things in here and it is almost 2016... Grow up please. Crime is everywhere and anyone can be a victim no matter where u live. Stay alert no matter where u live, work, or shop. At this time of year (holidays) crime gets even worse. A friend recently got car jacked and almost kidnapped at gun point in Iowa. Don't know of a whiter state than Iowa. maybe north Dakota?

Old 11-22-2015, 06:42 PM

I cringe when I see questions like this.

Old 11-23-2015, 10:53 AM

19 posts, read 40,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
I cringe when I see questions like this.
Me, too. Because Stockbridge, McDonough, and all of Henry County have become majority minority (or very soon will be), people think it's gone to hell. I especially hate the comparisons to Clayton, because the same things were about it 10 years ago.

Old 11-23-2015, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRichard30281 View Post
Me, too. Because Stockbridge, McDonough, and all of Henry County have become majority minority (or very soon will be), people think it's gone to hell. I especially hate the comparisons to Clayton, because the same things were about it 10 years ago.
I just wish they would see that it's not demographics that change an area, it's leadership. Thankfully Clayton had learned it's lesson and
Henry won't make the same mistakes. Overall though both counties are becoming better areas to live in, especially with all the jobs and bussiness their pulling in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta