Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 01:11 PM

906 posts, read 1,746,263 times

Advertisements

To the OP or anyone else:

Could you be more specific in what you mean by east Cobb? Particular cities or communities? I'm considering moving to the area and I, too, want to avoid close-minded, conservative snobbiness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 01:13 PM

3,478 posts, read 7,254,808 times
To the OP: where do you and your wife work? That could make a big difference in suggestions.

Old 06-15-2009, 01:34 PM

18 posts, read 46,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-SawDude View Post

Could you be more specific in what you mean by east Cobb? Particular cities or communities? I'm considering moving to the area and I, too, want to avoid close-minded, conservative snobbiness.

The East Cobb that I live in is just off Johnson Ferry between the Chattahoochee and Lower Roswell Road. In general, this is the Walton High School district and then Lassiter and Wheeler high schools as well.

If I had to draw lines, it would be the Fulton county line on the East, Shallowford to the north, the Chattahoochee river to the South and I-75 to the West. But the worst part is in the bottom right hand corner of that box.

Old 06-15-2009, 01:35 PM

18 posts, read 46,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
To the OP: where do you and your wife work? That could make a big difference in suggestions.
I work out of my home and travel a lot. Closer proximity to the airport is a plus. Neither of us has a commute.

Old 06-15-2009, 01:47 PM

2,206 posts, read 6,891,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by im2bob View Post
The East Cobb that I live in is just off Johnson Ferry between the Chattahoochee and Lower Roswell Road. In general, this is the Walton High School district and then Lassiter and Wheeler high schools as well.

If I had to draw lines, it would be the Fulton county line on the East, Shallowford to the north, the Chattahoochee river to the South and I-75 to the West. But the worst part is in the bottom right hand corner of that box.
Shallowford is the southern boundary of the Lassiter attendance zone, i.e. the entire Lassiter zone lies north of your East Cobb.

I suspect you're confusing Lassiter and Pope, but I also think it's incorrect to think East Cobb ends at Shallowford. People generally characterize the Walton, Pope and Lassiter high school zones as "East Cobb" and then argue about whether the districts lying slightly to the west - Wheeler, Sprayberry and Kell high school zones - should count as "East Cobb" or not.

Old 06-15-2009, 02:07 PM

625 posts, read 1,149,124 times
If the OP is a fast-paced professional it would be smarter to be next to the connector area and i-85. Many of these in-town neighborhoods are geared for people who work close-by(or don't work at all, or emory workers, etc.), these places are a total nightmare to get to and from. A 1-mile stretch of road can add 20+ minutes to commute.

Old 06-15-2009, 02:09 PM

4 posts, read 6,229 times
Quote:
Great responses. I appreciate it. My wife is adamantly against a condo. I would actually be in favor of it. But we have two small dogs and neither of us really wants to take an elevator to walk the dogs. But I am encouraged by the townhome idea. Maybe we could meet in the middle on that and get almost everything we want.

Lahdee - I am feeling a little bitter about East Cobb right now. There are plenty of really good people here. But it is very conservative and many, many people are closed-minded and, in some cases, downright snobby. People complain about the most inane and insignificant things. It blows my mind. I need to be around more like-minded people...that's all.

Interesting...I was looking to move to Cobb County actually....how is the Vinings area? I probably could put up with some things but petty stuff won't work.

Old 06-15-2009, 02:16 PM

625 posts, read 1,149,124 times
Vinings is very stale in my opinion... that's all I have to say about that. You definitely won't find many creative types over there.

Old 06-15-2009, 02:16 PM

16,700 posts, read 29,521,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-SawDude View Post

For you and everyone else...

East Cobb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-15-2009, 02:19 PM

16,700 posts, read 29,521,595 times
Quote:

Not exactly...

This explains East Cobb perfectly...

East Cobb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta