Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 08:37 PM

102 posts, read 393,346 times

Advertisements

Is there anyone who frequents this forum that lives (or knows someone who lives) in this subdivision?

I am trying to get some information on it.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 05:26 PM

Default Vinings Vintage

Ok, how about Vinings Vintage?

Any reviews on that community?

Old 06-23-2009, 05:47 AM

1,123 posts, read 6,535,704 times
I know both developments, but don't have any legit review of either, since I don't know anyone who's lived there. My personal POV (not that you asked for it) on developments is skewed based on my limited experience living in a new development with tons of almost identical houses, especially in an economy such as this. The problem is, when it comes time to sell your house, you are competing against several other "units" that are almost exactly the same and the only way to differentiate is price, so it becomes a price war. Add to that the fact that, since they are newer homes, there will be fewer people with much equity, and you have more foreclosures or short sales (plus ppl tend to not have as much of a stake in the community itself). Okay, rant over - sorry, but ever since being ALMOST burned living in a brand new community, I always buy older homes (ie, 20+ years old) in established neighborhoods now!

Old 06-23-2009, 07:57 AM

19 posts, read 52,734 times
Default Vinings vintage - great community

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma31 View Post
Ok, how about Vinings Vintage?

Any reviews on that community?

Lived there for over 5 years now. Love it. Awesome neighbors and awesome location. Schools are an issue; the charter school that was supposed to be the saving grace..turned out to be a dud. However, the public school has gotten much better.

It is about 20 minutes to the airport, 15 minutes to downtown and 15 minutes to vinings/cumberland.

Let us know what specific concerns you have and I will try and respond accordingly.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacelord75 View Post
I know both developments, but don't have any legit review of either, since I don't know anyone who's lived there. My personal POV (not that you asked for it) on developments is skewed based on my limited experience living in a new development with tons of almost identical houses, especially in an economy such as this. The problem is, when it comes time to sell your house, you are competing against several other "units" that are almost exactly the same and the only way to differentiate is price, so it becomes a price war. Add to that the fact that, since they are newer homes, there will be fewer people with much equity, and you have more foreclosures or short sales (plus ppl tend to not have as much of a stake in the community itself). Okay, rant over - sorry, but ever since being ALMOST burned living in a brand new community, I always buy older homes (ie, 20+ years old) in established neighborhoods now!
true on a general level...however at VV, we have had some foreclosures -but that has been people who have bought in 2007-2008. The first two phases have had stable families (DINKs and young kid families) who have lived there from 6/7 years - now.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabadaba View Post
Let us know what specific concerns you have and I will try and respond accordingly.
No concerns other than its south of Veterans Memorial and it would seem folks recommend not living there. I guess I was hoping for a non-biased opinion on that community.

Thanks.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:35 PM

10 posts, read 58,438 times
I live in Kingsbridge Point and have for about 7 months. The builder (McCar) recently finished closing out the last few homes in the neighborhood - which given the economy, and the fact that they were able to hold the sales prices relatively stable says alot about the value of the homes in the neighborhood. We have had no issues with it being south of Veterans Memorial, if anything it makes slipping on to I-20 a little easier in the AM. We are relatively new to the community, so we are still getting to know all of our neighbors, but our immediate neighbors have been welcoming and friendly since we moved in. Also, we recently had a community bbq-picnic and everyone participated and most of the people were extremely friendly. Lots of young families and DINCs and pretty culturally diverse (African Americans/Indians/Asians/Whites). We also had a neighborhood garage sale, and although we were out of town, I heard it went pretty well. On weekends, most of my neighbors are out taking care of their yards or are with their families at the community pool. We are really pleased with our choice to move to Kingsbridge Point and would recommend it. I've only driven through Vinings Vintage. It looks like a nice community. When I was there, people were out taking care of their yards/jogging/walking pets - very similar to Kingsbridge Point, just more homes. Let me know if you have any specific questions I can answer for you about the Kingsbridge Point neighborhood or about the area. Good luck in your search.

Old 06-24-2009, 03:07 AM

Oh, that's great information. I'll be working in the Vinings area. Any ideas on the commute from your communities?

Old 06-24-2009, 08:29 AM

I work in vinings too....during school season, commute takes about 25 minutes door to door from VV. On weekends I have done it in under 15 minutes.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:31 AM

usually it takes me about 7-10 minutes to get to South Cobb...From South Cobb to Paces Ferry if there is no traffic, takes about 5 minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta