U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2012, 10:38 AM

1 posts, read 1,105 times

Advertisements

I just got hired on thru Malone. How long till orientation starts?
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2014, 09:48 AM

1 posts, read 775 times
I worked though IST for GAP which is the rest of the line for KIA once the cars are manufactured. You train for the place and have a LOT of driving to do (with 2 specific test days on the driving) The first day is on the 2nd day of training with no behind the wheel experience and you do straight line parking along with left hand turn parking. This is done by having to stick your entire body out of the window to align the vehicle on a parking line .....strenuous as hell on your body but doable! The second parking test day is on the 5th day of training and you do straight line ,left turn and then right turn parking. All the same way with having to hang out the window. It sounds easy but it is NOT because of the line you must park the wheels on.I suggest highly that you do NOT wear anything except tennis shoes to do the parking because if you wear a work shoe your foot is too wide for these small enclosed vehicles and you risk doing one of two immediate fires which is slipping your foot over to the accelerator and the other is hitting an orange cone. I know because I past all the tests on the first day and then spent 5 days there even being told where I was to be placed for my employment and the 2nd to last park which is a right I put it into park because the trainer was busy and waited for conformation and when I leaned out the window my side foot hit the accelerator and I was ushered to the gate and fired . Sun burned face, 6 days spent training , past the first test and then they do not even give u a chance. I suppose I could understand if you were in gear or if you were careless but to not tell you that a work shoe will be too wide for driving and to allow you to take the test is pretty much a set up to me. This place may seem like a good place to work but it actually is very difficult to do the job. It sounds so easy and they do not tell you that they are so strict and that it is a very tasking training to achieve. I recommend this job to folks who have no other option than to take the position and be prepared for failure ....expect the fact you may only be employed for a week and you might make it . My class was a 22 student class and out of this 22 only 9 made it through. ( besides they only pay 8 bucks an hour and it is more always a temp agency job which is no bump in pay in the near future). Make sure to ask questions and if you still think you can do this job and would want to try it they are hiring very quickly through IST and through Malone. The requirements are the same . No tickets for the past 3 years and so forth. BE WARE !!! Now I have to go and register at another agency and finds a real job !! Thanks!

Old 02-10-2016, 09:21 AM

3 posts, read 1,639 times
Default Orientation at Malone Staffing

I filled out an application online for Kia thru Malone Staffing on a Sunday back in January. The next morning I was called to come in for an interview. At the time of the interview, they did a background check and drug test. About a week later I was called back for orientation. We filled out paperwork (W-4's and such), they made our pictures for badges, gave us a lot of paperwork in relation to working at Kia. I was told that they would call us in a week or two but I have not heard back from them. Has anyone else experienced this? I thought I was hired and just waiting on a start date since I went to orientation.

Old 02-10-2016, 02:54 PM

2,123 posts, read 3,391,623 times
I dunno, but my family lives down there and I know quite a few people that do/have worked there and their turnover is pretty high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or