Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2011, 12:40 PM

64 posts, read 133,801 times

Advertisements

@awal-I've only been there 2 weeks FYI. We doing only 5 days right now but the hours vary right now. They told us next week some days 9, some 10. Remember cars are supply & demand so we adjust for production. I don't know the answer bout 3rd shift or the hours. Still keep in mind how popular Kia is & meeting demand to the consumer, so I don't think they'll set hours for what's gonna happen in the future. It may be something only upper level knows for sure, so I don't really know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2011, 09:27 PM

26 posts, read 45,821 times
@bimmer- whats the latest you have stayed at the plant? like 3:15a.m.. and so when you go in you dont know what time your getting off until they come around? or do you already know if your working 9 or 10hrs.how many hours do you get weekly more than 40? and i start the 14th. im sure it will be all orientation though. im so excited to start and cant wait to get to work.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:05 AM

@awal-there's only been two days we got off 8 hours. They let us know in am meeting if we do overtime that day & they already told us we'd be doing overtime this week. So it depends; like I said I've only been 2 weeks so I don't know normally how it is. The latest I've had so far was 5:30am. Classroom orientation last 1.5 weeks. Yes you will be bored listening to lectures & watching presentations. It's the easy part b4 the line lol.

Old 04-10-2011, 02:46 PM

17 posts, read 37,681 times
It's impossible to know, really. I have a charge on my background too but as long as you are honest on the background check, my impression is they will not have a problem unless it's a huge felony. One of the questions on the background is are you currently wanted for arrest on a felony? So they are looking for major stuff (FELONIES). What is for sure is that you will be cleared for background before they call you to take the physical. It would be good if one of your former employers would let you know when Verifacts calls them. All of my former employers are cool with me and I have told them to call me the MOMENT they hear from this company, Verifacts. Well, we've all been waiting since 3/12/2011 when my assessments were finished, and there are others in this forum who haven't heard anything since 02/02/2011!!! One person on here stated that if you aren't called within a week of your assessment you probably aren't hired. The facts as reported by people in this thread show that to be utter rubbish. KIA is a company that takes its time and has a lot of "logs on the fire". Having followed this thread for some time now, I've noticed that getting a job at KIA can literally take from 3 months to more than 1 YEAR! In a normal economy, KIA would look totally stupid for this timeframe, but obviously today they can get away with it. There are dozens of us in this forum who just feel like we're left twisting in the wind with no update, just waiting, and waiting, and waiting...I will let you know when one of my employers has been contacted by Verifacts. In the meantime, I'll just keep working on my golf swing.

Old 04-10-2011, 02:46 PM

26 posts, read 45,821 times
yes as to say "the calm before the storm" lol. well thanks for all the additional info. im glad your enjoying your work, hopefully i will mine. ill defiantly soak up all this sit around time before i get to the real work. will you work with a trainer your first couple of days on the line?

Old 04-10-2011, 03:13 PM

7 posts, read 13,320 times
long processes and lies drive me crazy

Old 04-10-2011, 04:05 PM

Their definitely choosing the cream of the crop. Just think over 40k applicants to pick from. So dont quit your current job. It is a long process but has it's rewards if you make it.

Old 04-10-2011, 04:48 PM

439 posts, read 852,398 times
Default Amazing

It is amazing how the bulk of Atlanta metro labor force is not used to working at a corporation that do not make friends and actually has a competitive selection to hire their employees. Welcome to free enterprise and competition!

Old 04-12-2011, 11:13 AM

10 posts, read 18,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by showmethe$ View Post
It's impossible to know, really. I have a charge on my background too but as long as you are honest on the background check, my impression is they will not have a problem unless it's a huge felony. One of the questions on the background is are you currently wanted for arrest on a felony? So they are looking for major stuff (FELONIES). What is for sure is that you will be cleared for background before they call you to take the physical. It would be good if one of your former employers would let you know when Verifacts calls them. All of my former employers are cool with me and I have told them to call me the MOMENT they hear from this company, Verifacts. Well, we've all been waiting since 3/12/2011 when my assessments were finished, and there are others in this forum who haven't heard anything since 02/02/2011!!! One person on here stated that if you aren't called within a week of your assessment you probably aren't hired. The facts as reported by people in this thread show that to be utter rubbish. KIA is a company that takes its time and has a lot of "logs on the fire". Having followed this thread for some time now, I've noticed that getting a job at KIA can literally take from 3 months to more than 1 YEAR! In a normal economy, KIA would look totally stupid for this timeframe, but obviously today they can get away with it. There are dozens of us in this forum who just feel like we're left twisting in the wind with no update, just waiting, and waiting, and waiting...I will let you know when one of my employers has been contacted by Verifacts. In the meantime, I'll just keep working on my golf swing.
Do you know anyone else that finished on the 12th and already started? I completed mine too, and already did the physical.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:27 PM

33 posts, read 53,669 times
My husband already works for Kia and has been there for 2 1/2 years. He is now a Team Leader and works General Assembly. When he got hired he was required to do 40 hours unpaid training. I got a call back yesterday and start my 24 hours unpaid training the week of April 18th and the 25th. I couldn't take 3 days off of my current job so I had to do the 4 hours at night for a week and a day. Is anyone else doing this as opposed to the 3 days training?

Last edited by jaydeegibby; 04-12-2011 at 01:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta