Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2009, 07:46 AM

1 posts, read 1,667 times

Advertisements

Hey all! I'm a 28-year-old female relocating from DC to Atlanta. The big move comes next month. I already found a place in the Buckhead area, and I'm excited about the move. I know traffic is horrible in Atlanta, but its that way in DC, too. My questions are, how close is downtown (the capitol) to Buckhead, and, is Buckhead a good place for singles. I'm coming out of a "complex" relationship and want to start over. Where do people my age go? Are there a lot of activities in Atlanta? I only know 3 people in that city, and I'm not sure if they're the type I would hang out with on a regular basis. Any info is greatly appreciated!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 09:55 AM

48 posts, read 113,772 times
Atlanta traffic is probobly not as bad as DC, or atleast not any worse. Downtown is about 10 miles from Buckhead. I commute from Buckhead to downtown for work (sometimes I drive, sometimes I take public transportation); the drive can take anywhere from 20 to 45 minutes (average 30)...some days traffic is really bad and others it moves right along at a good pace. Buckhead is one of the best areas for singles in Atlanta, along with Midtown and Virginia Highlands in my opinion. It's more of an upscale, pricey area and propably has the highest concentration of singles of anywhere in Atlanta. There is plenty of stuff to do here, just depends on what kind of things you like.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:26 AM

48 posts, read 113,772 times
Also, when I say 10 miles to downtown, I am referring to the Lenox Mall area of Buckhead, which is on the northern side. Buckhead actually covers a pretty broad area so if you are south of Lenox, it would actually be closer to downtown.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:04 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,883,354 times
There are two MARTA rail stations in Buckhead - the Lenox and Buckhead stations. If you're lucky, the place you found is within walking distance of one of them, and you can take the train downtown. While it's not as extensive as DC's Metro system, MARTA does service the main corridors North to South, so that might help with your commute options.

Map Viewer of System: http://www.itsmarta.com/maps/viewer.asp (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: