Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 04:39 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,349,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sco0437 View Post
orphaned quote.
The thugs generally don't live here...1bdr apts in Midtown generally go for at least 1k+ although there are some far cheaper areas within ~2 miles. That's a lot of blue jean theft just to make rent given they sell them for $25/pair.

Even the playas tend not to live here given once again if you're blowing all your loot making it rain and getting drunk at the club, you're far more likely to live in the cheaper suburbs and make a semi-drunken commute in and subsequent DUI drive home after hitting Krystal's on the way out. This is the case for many of the club goers as well. It's far more likely to see Clayton, Gwinnett, or Cobb than Fulton tags on the majority of cars.

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 08-05-2009 at 07:47 PM..

Old 08-05-2009, 04:43 PM

57 posts, read 143,483 times
Quote:
orphaned quote
I for one have to agree with you. My husband and I are getting out of this city for North Fulton. There is no doubt that this place will be taken over in no time by the balla wannabes, they've ruined everything else. Live here or not, they no doubt make their presence known. I love the idea of city living, but Atlanta is not the place to experience it. The only culture here is thug culture, and it's getting old.

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 08-05-2009 at 07:47 PM..

Old 08-05-2009, 06:24 PM

184 posts, read 511,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishap View Post
The issue isn't necessarily due to the club goers but to the people that come out at night and cruise.

I've been out on Peachtree and been instructed to do the Stanky Legg by some classy people cruising Peachtree more than once in their rented for the weekend ride. Giving people like that an audience of club goers squarely on Peachtree will only lead to more inane motorcycle burnouts, subwoofer bass tests, and hollerin' which is far better suited for Crescent Ave where at least police can concentrate their efforts.
A lot of good points, but I think you would agree that the problem isn't with the clubs themselves. It is a small percentage of the the people who are headed to them who have no respect for those who want a little quiet. Like you said, you see the same few cars again and again. It really is a minority of the people who are causing the problems, and unfortunately they are attracted to the clubs. I think the solution is to enforce noise regulations. Many of the areas are already marked as "No Cruising" zones but I never see the police enforce this even though the same cars keep driving in circles. Instead of writing traffic tickets they should just put a few cops along Peachtree to hand out tickets to anyone blasting their music for the whole neighborhood to hear. Traffic is usually so backed up that they wouldn't even need to chase anyone, just walk up to them and hand them a ticket. Great source of revenue.

I would welcome a new club, we already have a few good ones but nothing like you find in NYC or San Francisco. I never blast music when headed out and don't know anyone else who does. The people doing it probably spent all their money on rims anyway and can't afford the cover to get in.

Old 08-05-2009, 06:55 PM

8,486 posts, read 14,999,411 times
As for the topic of the noise. I do find it curious that Vision has been singled out for "noise", especially when there are 8 or 10 clubs a block away on Crescent Ave. On the other hand, the story I read in the AJC said it was a group of 12 people at the NPU meeting complaing. Call me crazy, but a dozen people in a neighborhood with 15,000 people won't really derail plans for the club's reopening.

For the record I hated the old Vision (too pretentious for me) and I have no plans on going when it opens.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:03 PM

57 posts, read 143,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
another way of saying "Atlanta has too many black people..."
It has nothing to do with being black. It has everything to do with a lack of class.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:09 PM

23,463 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Why do you think most of the upper-class white people live outside of the city of Atlanta and in the northern suburbs?

Its because the people that live there, mostly black, have trashed and thugged up the place. You cant argue with that
Consider yourself reported.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:30 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,349,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
As for the topic of the noise. I do find it curious that Vision has been singled out for "noise", especially when there are 8 or 10 clubs a block away on Crescent Ave. On the other hand, the story I read in the AJC said it was a group of 12 people at the NPU meeting complaing. Call me crazy, but a dozen people in a neighborhood with 15,000 people won't really derail plans for the club's reopening.

For the record I hated the old Vision (too pretentious for me) and I have no plans on going when it opens.

Vision of old was 27,000 sq ft. Opera which is likely the largest club left in Midtown is 13,000 sqft and tucked in close to mostly commercial buildings that are empty at night. It's flanked by parking decks, lots, and other clubs/lounges which may reduce its impact.

The new Vision of 19,000 sq ft is trying to fit in on 11th and Peachtree which is right next to the Loews Hotel and 1010 Midtown as well as within 2 blocks of Metropolis. While it will probably less of a mess than the old Vision/112 combo, there are a lot of people living a lot closer now. IIRC Vision played some of the loudest music around and was clearly audible more than a block away. People on the southern end of 1010 will likely have a rough time w/ it given they'll be yards away.

I think it will be more of a traffic nuisance than anything else. People crossing randomly on Crescent isn't a big deal but bisecting Peachtree w/ 2 of the biggest clubs on opposite sides will likely cause significant backup when coupled with people cruising or just looking for inadequate parking to avoid paying $30 to valet.

I think there's a fair amt of discord from condo associations in the area although I'm sure more than a few developers have considered allowing clubs into their commercial space for the rent money.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:44 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,885,851 times
Well, considering the hot potato this thread pulled out of the oven, and the type of complaints that are coming in from both sides who are fighting over the topic, lets just solve the whole problem now - thread closed.

While we're at it, a reminder:

When someone makes a post that is a personal attack/racist/TOS rule breaker - then click on the "report post" icon in the upper-corner of that person's post. A moderator will get to is as soon as they humanly can. Do not report the same post multiple times, and DO NOT COMMENT ABOUT IT IN THE ROOM, otherwise, you yourself are guilty of making off topic and "attack back" comments. Report the post, then ignore those causing the problem until a moderator can deal with it. Thank you.

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 08-05-2009 at 07:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta