Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2009, 03:23 PM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,910,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizchick86 View Post
mad the R&B crowd is relegated to a Monday..and a damn shame he even has to address the stereotypes in this website....not race-based my behind.
FYI, Looks like Visions is going to be renamed SPI...

Visions/SPI will probably pick up the Urban/Industry party from Tongue and Groove in Lindbergh that is going strong right now.

Looks like Compound will pick up for Visions/SPI on the Friday (Young/Fly/Flashy Urban) and Saturday Nights and special events like before...And Velvet Room will continue the grown and sexy nights and asian/white crowd on Saturday Nights and Urban/Industry on Sunday Nights.

Luckie Lounge has picked up the Urban Clientele on Friday & Saturday Nights (Franki Ski on Friday and Metro Boyz on Saturday) where Visions left off and Luckie has a latin night on Thursdays which is pretty good. There is alot more competition with clubs/restaurants/bar nowadays since Visions closed in 2006 and alot more options in the city (Atlantic Station/Castleberry Hill/Etc.)

I guess that's why Visions is going with a a huge Gay Night on one side and Asian on the other (Velvet Room has Asian on Saturday already). And with Q100 on Saturday Night for the entire spot. I'm betting that the supposed Q100 Night on a Thursday as well turns into a Urban Night along with the Monday.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/Const...1/]Viddler.com

All in all a Boon to Atlanta Nightlife!

Old 08-31-2009, 03:47 PM

371 posts, read 1,554,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantasfinest View Post
FYI, Looks like Visions is going to be renamed SPI...

Visions/SPI will probably pick up the Urban/Industry party from Tongue and Groove in Lindbergh that is going strong right now.

Looks like Compound will pick up for Visions/SPI on the Friday (Young/Fly/Flashy Urban) and Saturday Nights and special events like before...And Velvet Room will continue the grown and sexy nights and asian/white crowd on Saturday Nights and Urban/Industry on Sunday Nights.

Luckie Lounge has picked up the Urban Clientele on Friday & Saturday Nights (Franki Ski on Friday and Metro Boyz on Saturday) where Visions left off and Luckie has a latin night on Thursdays which is pretty good. There is alot more competition with clubs/restaurants/bar nowadays since Visions closed in 2006 and alot more options in the city (Atlantic Station/Castleberry Hill/Etc.)

I guess that's why Visions is going with a a huge Gay Night on one side and Asian on the other (Velvet Room has Asian on Saturday already). And with Q100 on Saturday Night for the entire spot. I'm betting that the supposed Q100 Night on a Thursday as well turns into a Urban Night along with the Monday.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/ConstructiveFee/videos/651/]Viddler.com

All in all a Boon to Atlanta Nightlife!
If they are super harsh on the kerb crawlers and the parking does not go bad then good luck to them, not my thing at all but that doesn't make it wrong.

Old 08-31-2009, 05:11 PM

815 posts, read 2,135,866 times
Visions and Compound opening back up?? Looks like its gonna be a nice winter!!

Old 10-06-2009, 08:34 PM

859 posts, read 2,119,390 times
Attention Midtown Residents: Club one step closer to becoming a reality. The liquor license has been approved. Atlanta board OKs plan for Midtown nightclub *| ajc.com (pending the mayor's final approval of course) I don't have any issue with a club opening just not right there on peachtree, move it over on crescent ave. with all the other nightclubs.

Old 10-07-2009, 06:20 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,017,104 times
Good Bless America!

You have certain people who dont want certain people in their neighborhood in the MIDDLE of downtown Atl....lol

This isnt the 1960's

Last edited by tonygeorgia; 10-07-2009 at 06:30 PM..

Old 10-07-2009, 07:05 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,348,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
Good Bless America!

You have certain people who dont want certain people in their neighborhood in the MIDDLE of downtown Atl....lol

This isnt the 1960's
It's not downtown. If it were, it'd probably actually work much better. Building a night club near office towers is fine since at night the place is mostly unused. Given there are maybe 250 parking spots in that parking lot split between 2 nightclubs and 2 restaurants on that block, I'm thinking you're going to have an ugly parking situation w/ the only decks south of 10th or west of Peachtree. It's either that or park north of 12th in the only surface lot left. Assuming you fill both clubs to capacity of 652 each and have 2X turnover, you're talking about something in the range of 650-700 cars if everyone carpools 4 per car. Given you'll see them charge $20-50 to park there, you're going to have hundreds of cars roving for cheaper parking. They tried to charge me $20 to park at the Big Lots once. If you're talking 2 people per car average, then you're looking at well over 1,000 cars. Then you're also talking about the few hundred people clubhopping from Crescent.

I have no doubt SPI will open...Franklin's just not an opponent and I'm sure the Gidewon's have made nice w/ her via campaign donations. I just know that within a year or two it'll close once the nuisance really pisses everyone off or there's the inevitable crime/vandalism that gets the place shutdown. I just got my property tax bill of nearly $4,000 on my modest 1bdr which is fairly low for the area and it takes a hell of a lot of liquor licenses and sales tax to make up just what buildings like 1010/Loews and it's 400 condos provide to the city. I've still got 4 blocks of buffer but I don't look forward to the mess it'll cause.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:31 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,798,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishap View Post
It's not downtown. If it were, it'd probably actually work much better. Building a night club near office towers is fine since at night the place is mostly unused.
25,000 people live in Downtown Atlanta...in residential towers, condos, apartments, and lofts. More than that live in Midtown, but both areas are an urban mix of residential/office/hotel/retail/entertainment, and anyone who chooses to live in one of those urban areas should be well-aware of the possibility of noise and traffic. You're living in the city, not out in Tallapoosa.

Old 10-08-2009, 03:57 AM

625 posts, read 1,148,713 times
yeah, that's like buying a condo on the las vegas strip and complaining. If those people wanted quiet they should have moved closer to the park, not the major street in the city.

These "clubs" and such, just for architectural/interior work, can cost several $million's. We should be gracious investors are spending their money and helping out the economy.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:48 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,017,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishap View Post
It's not downtown. If it were, it'd probably actually work much better. Building a night club near office towers is fine since at night the place is mostly unused. Given there are maybe 250 parking spots in that parking lot split between 2 nightclubs and 2 restaurants on that block, I'm thinking you're going to have an ugly parking situation w/ the only decks south of 10th or west of Peachtree. It's either that or park north of 12th in the only surface lot left. Assuming you fill both clubs to capacity of 652 each and have 2X turnover, you're talking about something in the range of 650-700 cars if everyone carpools 4 per car. Given you'll see them charge $20-50 to park there, you're going to have hundreds of cars roving for cheaper parking. They tried to charge me $20 to park at the Big Lots once. If you're talking 2 people per car average, then you're looking at well over 1,000 cars. Then you're also talking about the few hundred people clubhopping from Crescent.

I have no doubt SPI will open...Franklin's just not an opponent and I'm sure the Gidewon's have made nice w/ her via campaign donations. I just know that within a year or two it'll close once the nuisance really pisses everyone off or there's the inevitable crime/vandalism that gets the place shutdown. I just got my property tax bill of nearly $4,000 on my modest 1bdr which is fairly low for the area and it takes a hell of a lot of liquor licenses and sales tax to make up just what buildings like 1010/Loews and it's 400 condos provide to the city. I've still got 4 blocks of buffer but I don't look forward to the mess it'll cause.
Why dont u protest the closing of Opera, Joia, Ra Sushi, etc with those same issues because they turn to clubs at night? Where were you when Ra Sushi, Irish Pub, and Joia opened this summer with no parking? Where were you?

Last edited by tonygeorgia; 10-08-2009 at 12:58 PM..

Old 10-08-2009, 01:07 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,798,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
Why dont u protest the closing of Opera, Joia, Ra Sushi, etc with those same issues because they turn to clubs at night? Where were you when Ra Sushi, Irish Pub, and Joia opened this summer with no parking? Where were you?
Sitting at the end of the bar...drunk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta