Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 06:07 AM

2,791 posts, read 10,807,520 times

Advertisements

NY has many more radio stations and a larger variety of music. It's not all hip hop. I tried going up and down the fm dial and there were more stations that didn't come in than did. Is there a station that plays artists like Alex Bugnon, Marc Antoine, etc.......? Maybe I just can't find it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 07:06 AM

66 posts, read 136,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
New York Hip-Hop?

With the exception of the big names in the biz you wont find it on any of the commercial stations. You have to tune in to the hip-hop shows on 88.5, 91.1 and 89.3 for that.
thanx a lot. my daughter and i always turn the radio off or play cds.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
New York Hip-Hop?

With the exception of the big names in the biz you wont find it on any of the commercial stations. You have to tune in to the hip-hop shows on 88.5, 91.1 and 89.3 for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookdaleresident View Post
NY has many more radio stations and a larger variety of music. It's not all hip hop. I tried going up and down the fm dial and there were more stations that didn't come in than did. Is there a station that plays artists like Alex Bugnon, Marc Antoine, etc.......? Maybe I just can't find it.
i have no idea who alex and marc are,but im sure there is station that play their music. i'll try to get that info for you.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
Are you referring to NY bred artists? What genres are you talking about? Hip Hop, R&B, etc? You lost me there.....IF you are talking about Hip Hop, it's not just Atlanta. Travel more, and you'll see what plays, and what's promoted more. Junk!! Great music has always been underground anyways. You know it.
yes. im talking about platinum artist from ny.they play r&b here babes, mary ,beyounce etc.you don't hear music from ny bred hip hop artist. its obvious im from ny and i never had to turn the station when i lived there to search for good music. hot 97, wbls etc. trust me, i've done a lot of traveling in my lifetime. i asked about atlanta, because atlanta is where i reside.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityrover View Post
ny music? wat?
ny born artist babes. music created by new york artist.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
What exactly is 'New York Music', and why is it Atlanta's great failure that we don't play it? An old, out-of-date woman wants to know.
referring to ny born hip hop artist. it's not just our music. these artist make music for everyone to hear.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:41 AM

986 posts, read 1,666,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookdaleresident View Post
If you're looking for a Smooth Jazz station since you've named a few smooth jazz artists, Atlanta's main jazz station went under about a year ago (if I recall correctly). There is 91.9, but I don't think they play a lot of it and the reception is a bit spotty.

I like Smooth Jazz, and miss it. My mp3 player comes in handy, though. Just a thought.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:40 AM

1,191 posts, read 1,584,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbrooklyn View Post
referring to ny born hip hop artist. it's not just our music. these artist make music for everyone to hear.
And Atlanta artists dont? If you haven't noticed Atlanta has been the capital city for Hip Hop and R&B for at least a decade now (actually longer).

Not to mention Southern listeners most often want to hear Southern music. New York has some great music, but New York is only king in the minds of New Yorkers.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:04 AM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,358,051 times
Well let me get in on this topic....for me Im not looking for NY rappers so much but I am looking for real R&B and Reggae...basically something other than the "stanky legg" and "the jerk".....and with R&B I shouldnt be limited to oldies or Keri Hilson either....just my $0.02 though

Old 08-12-2009, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
Well let me get in on this topic....for me Im not looking for NY rappers so much but I am looking for real R&B and Reggae...basically something other than the "stanky legg" and "the jerk".....and with R&B I shouldnt be limited to oldies or Keri Hilson either....just my $0.02 though
glad you brought up reggae....thats another form of music not played here in atlanta. i love reggae. grew up listening to it. im from flatbush brooklyn, heard it all day long.im just saying we shouldn't have to listen to atlanta born music all day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta