Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 07:48 PM

129 posts, read 389,874 times

Advertisements

Who is going to the Falcons/Eagles game at the Dome in December?

What will the atmosphere be like considering he's a backup?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 09:10 PM

550 posts, read 1,637,374 times
I won't be going to any Falcons games this year, so I can't address your question....

I just want to go on record saying I wish Vick all the best and I'm sorry he's not going to the Vikings - Lord knows MN needs help in the QB position.

And I wish Vick the best whie also being a proud owner of two mutts who quite possibly maybe pitbull mixes. Everyone deserves a second chance.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:14 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,188,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StPaulEastSider View Post
Everyone deserves a second chance.
Earn and deserve are two different things. Actions speak louder than words and his actions were dispicable. Serving time in prison only pays your legal debt to society, it does not absolve you of guilt or make you a good person. The Eagles have made a business decision which shows that money in sports is still king, and integrity still takes a back seat. We'll see if there is any kind of fan backlash.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:17 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,308,228 times
Good for Vick. I wish him all the best of luck! His skills were under-appreciated here in Georgia anyways.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:37 PM

7,528 posts, read 11,361,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
His skills were under-appreciated here in Georgia anyways.
What do you mean? Not enough Georgians bought enough No.7 jerseys?

Old 08-14-2009, 06:13 AM

2,138 posts, read 6,318,811 times
Congrats, Vick!!!!

Now starts the road to redemption... I'm hoping for the best!

Old 08-14-2009, 06:22 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,188,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
Now starts the road to redemption
Sorry, playing ball for millions of dollars doesn't redeem anyone or anything. Had he done what he did to children instead of dogs, would you all be so quick to jump on his bandwagon? He brutally, violently, and purposefully hurt animals because they didn't make him money.

Remember MLK and judging people by the "content of their character?"

Old 08-14-2009, 06:23 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,549,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Simpson View Post
Who is going to the Falcons/Eagles game at the Dome in December?

What will the atmosphere be like considering he's a backup?
everybody but anybody will be there

Old 08-14-2009, 06:46 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,444,722 times
I wish him all the misfortune the world can bring, short of physical calamity.

This thug should be driving nails or flipping burgers. He should NOT be allowed to get back into the NFL and handed a couple million dollar contract straight out of jail. YEAH, THAT'LL TEACH HIM!

Look at this guys track record. He was BORN to be a THUG. IT'S ALL HE KNOWS!

And by the way.......Vick's football skills were already diminishing when he last played. His knees had started to wear, and his decision making as a QB was ATROCIOUS! Remember the Matt Schaub fiasco? The Falcons were ALREADY planning on replacing Vick then!

I hope both he and the Filthydeathofya Beagles fall FLAT ON THEIR FACES!

Guys like this will never have a true reason to show remorse or repentance as long as BUFOONS like the Beagles are there to put them right back where they don't deserve to be.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:46 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,246,527 times
This is great news for Vick and the Eagles! I hate the Eagles as a Cowboys fan but this is going to be huge for them... though they still suck. I'm glad Vick was able to get a job... I don't understand what people want from him... he screwed up, paid his debt and now he has a chance to earn a living and grow from the situation. Like ALL felons, I'd rather he be given an opportunity to work than to sit around idly... the latter situation is a recipe for societal disaster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta