U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-01-2009, 12:44 AM

2 posts, read 2,358 times

Advertisements

hello,
i'm currently in high school and going to the 11th grade but i just wanted to know what are the best high schools in the dekalb county area because thats were will most likely be moving to. and i also i also wanted to know what's the best part of dekalb county for teens like social events and like the best place to be in dekalb for teens

Last edited by caligirl619; 09-01-2009 at 12:58 AM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 09:34 AM

8,862 posts, read 8,910,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl619 View Post
hello,
i'm currently in high school and going to the 11th grade but i just wanted to know what are the best high schools in the dekalb county area because thats were will most likely be moving to. and i also i also wanted to know what's the best part of dekalb county for teens like social events and like the best place to be in dekalb for teens
That's sort of a conundrum these days. Lakeside High School in the Oak Grove area has had a long standing reputation (several decades) for providing quality education. Druid Hills High School/Emory area is also a good school.

A few miles away, within DeKalb County, lies the City of Decatur. This is a diverse, well-educated community with a smaller and very progressive/excellent school system. I don't know what sort of educational environment you prefer but the International Baccalaureate Program is offered in this school system. DeKalb and other counties also offer this program at selected schools. I'm not certain which schools at the moment and since DeKalb and Gwinnett are very large counties if you lived in one section you might find the transportation arrangements complicated to travel to the school where the program is offered.

Not far from DeKalb County is a section of Gwinnett County/Lilburn, GA and Parkview High School is at the top of the school rankings. If it is possible it might be worthwhile to consider Gwinnett County as well as DeKalb.

Many of the higher ranked public high schools can be found in East Cobb County which is in the NW metro area. DeKalb and Gwinnett are primarily in the Central/NE sector.

As for teen social events I believe you would find that many students are involved in extra curricular activities through school. Parkview has some excellent athletic and cultural opportunities. Their swim team does very well.

hth
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta