U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2009, 12:43 PM

71 posts, read 413,777 times

Advertisements

I had posted this in an old thread I had started but no one was responding so I decided to start a new one to see if I could get more responses. My husband and I moved to Atlanta for his job a few months ago...here's our deal:

Ok, we have now been living in Atlanta for about 3 months now. We have been renting in the Underwood Hills neighborhood. We absolutely love the location because we are close to everything (groceries, shopping, restaurants, nightlife, etc...). My husband has a 20 minute drive to his work and I have now gotten a job in Villa Rica and have about a 40 minute drive (which isn't so bad, I'm willing to deal with it for the intown location). We are ready to buy a home now and want to stay intown while we are still young and don't have kids (and aren't planning to for at least a few more years). We love love love the Underwood Hills neighborhood we are in now, but just can't get much house for our money in here (price range $250,000 - $350,000). We are interested in a couple of homes in the Adams Crossing subdivision which isn't too far from where we are now (and you can get more house for the money). We do know that the area gets a little sketchier as you move that way, but seems alright for the most part as long as you are smart about it (for example I don't go out walking the dogs by myself at night where we are now and certainly wouldn't do it there either). Does anyone have any personal experience with the Adams Crossing/Dupont Commons subdivisions? I checked out the crime maps and mostly it seems to be larceny and auto theft on the main roads around the area but not so much inside the actual neighborhoods. We have 2 large dogs and would have a security system...I think we'd probably be comfortable enough for our liking in the neighborhood but just wanted to get some opinions from anyone who has lived there first-hand. Unless you know of some other area that is close to intown and would not put me any further from Villa Rica (which is out West on I-20), I'm not really looking for other intown suggestions (Candler, Inman, etc...). Just looking for opinions on the newer neighborhoods in the northern 30318 zip code. Thanks!!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 02:35 PM

145 posts, read 345,774 times
Hi!
My neighborhood (Whittier Mill Village) is just down the street from Adam's Crossing; I know it well. It is a fine neighborhood! I do not think it is ANY sketchier than Underwood Hills. Same "type" of folks living there: Involved, fun, good people. Like elsewhere in Atlanta, the main thing to watch out for is: Don't leave items visible in your car--it may eventually get broken into. Don't leave your blinds open in the room where your flatscreen TV is on the wall for all to see---that is the most-stolen item right now, so you are cruising for someone to break in and steal the TV. Other than that, it is pretty tame. There are some good deals there right now. Take advantage of one! I really think you will love the neighborhood. So, Adam's Crossing, DuPont Commons, Vinings On The Chattahoochee, Riverside, and Whitter Mill Village are all good. Good luck!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: