U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 10:34 PM

7,682 posts, read 9,733,240 times
And if you went to "one of the top 5 schools in the nation" you must not have been an English major. Your grammar would not suggest someone who went to an ivy league or similar school.

Yes, I know some will say it's a petty thing to say, but given the subject of the thread and the self assessment offered to us by the OP as to his many virtues, I thought it was fair game.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:38 PM

1,310 posts, read 2,455,836 times
If you keep attracting, or are attracted to black women who only want thugs, are you sure YOU aren't subconsciously attracting that type of woman? Do you keep going for the girl who's decked out in the latest fashion, or the "girl next door" type.

For the love of ghod, please stop grouping all black women together. Some of us have never dated a thug, drug dealer, or "baby daddy".

Old 09-21-2009, 10:38 PM

759 posts, read 596,682 times
Here we go again. I have been reading articles about "successful" and "educated" black women not being able to find a decent mate. Now you state you are a "successful" and "educated" black man and you can't find a decent black women. Which one is it? It seems you are the type (based on what you say about yourself) that college educated black women are looking for.

So either all of those articles are wrong. Or you are seriously misrepresenting yourself. Also, guys who are really serious about finding a good, productive relationship don't sit around and fret about who is *not* showing interest in them. If you really have the goods then you should be getting some decent responses from women. If not, it just may be something wrong with your approach.

Going to a top level college is good. But a good natured man with character that went to Random State University and treats a woman like she is worth something will have no problem finding a mate. Yes some women may be looking for something else. They do have that right. Hopefully, you are not a troll looking to start a black woman bashing thread.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:41 PM

429 posts, read 427,096 times
oh for crying out loud the man simply wants to know why women of his ethnicity are into dating thugs.I can tell you why ,it is because basically women like bad boys.I am sure that they are attracted to the danger factor and find it a rea lturn on.There is nothing wrong with you honey ,if you prefer to date a different race then you perfer it .....they are obviously missing out on a chance to be happy with an educated nice man and right now those are hard to find.

Old 09-22-2009, 01:29 AM

2,614 posts, read 3,663,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshfield mom View Post
oh for crying out loud the man simply wants to know why women of his ethnicity are into dating thugs.I can tell you why ,it is because basically women like bad boys.I am sure that they are attracted to the danger factor and find it a rea lturn on.There is nothing wrong with you honey ,if you prefer to date a different race then you perfer it .....they are obviously missing out on a chance to be happy with an educated nice man and right now those are hard to find.
The most sensible post so far......

Educated black women are dime a dozen down here, take your time, do a self-check (reassess things), and don't go where you found the other losers.

You're still young, don't rush. Have fun, and take things for what they are. Don't over analyze the thug lovers, just enjoy dating, have fun. It will come in due time.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:35 AM

24 posts, read 33,196 times
I agree with goldenlightan. I hear that all the time from friends. It seems that black women in that age do prefer thugs. Not all of them, but quite a few.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:40 AM

24 posts, read 33,196 times
Speaking of ATL, I'm planning to move there this summer. Where are the best neighborhoods to live. I Have two teenage boys, so school and recreation are important. They like sports, water parks, food, family oriented, things like that. Crime rate is very important as well. I'm young, so I want some night life or wholesome, classy things for singles to do. Where's the best place to work for a nurse? What is the housing like?

Old 09-22-2009, 04:02 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,303,198 times
Default .............

Hmm...

Old 09-22-2009, 07:47 AM

825 posts, read 2,045,476 times
Jesus take the wheel!!! Where are the mods because THIS.WILL.NOT.END.WELL.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:13 AM

974 posts, read 890,242 times
I wish people would stop spreading stereotypes. Perhaps you are attracted to the type of women that go for bad boys and you need to change your associations and where you hang out at. I mean you sound as bad as the several black women I've heard say, I can't find a black man because they're all in jail or gay. Point black you cannot date a hood, thugged out girl and expect her to want some uppity, college guy. Some will, but many will not as people usually date people on the same level as they are.

I had a college educated friend that once said SOME of the same things you say, but guess what now he's married to a beautiful college educated woman (ME!!!), lol. We're both in our 20s too.

Now if you are picking women up from certain clubs and certain areas, yes they probably will like thugs. Even certain types of white girls and Asian girls like thugs. You're going to find it in every race. You just need to be patient and more selective in who you associate with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta