Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 05:24 PM

143 posts, read 345,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
Depends. It would definitely be most successful is there were some mixes. Places like Forever 21 or Zara or Apple would do great there.
I agree - it needs some things people already know they'll like, plus some new stuff to discover to keep them returning to that location specifically. I think Apple is a really logical choice for the area, hopefully they'll take a look at opening there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 06:47 AM

128 posts, read 352,789 times
The thing I'm afraid of is that a lot of national/international fashion retailers without a presence in Atlanta will be too risk adverse to take a chance on the MM. They seem more likely to set up shop at Lenox first, and then expand their locations. Think about it, whoever sets up first on Peachtree will be taking a pretty big dive. We have local retailers already (Drew Lewis, My My My), but it will be pretty big news when we get one of the big boys.

Old 08-02-2010, 08:54 AM

6 posts, read 13,539 times
A CB2 is also coming to Virginia-Highlands the last I heard.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:15 PM

906 posts, read 1,745,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midtown mile girl View Post
If they could attract an small, upscale grocery in that area that would be nice.
We're trying for this on the westside! (We = residents here.) A number of us have been chatting up the Westside Provisions developers left and right trying to get a grocery like Savi Urban Market in Inman Park to open over here on the Westside. And I think the press release for Anthropologie explictly mentions that a grocer is the one obvious thing still missing in this area. I just hope someone can take the plunge on that soon.

ETA: For those who want to follow some of the development updates and events in part of West Midtown, you can stay updated here: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/WestsidePD

Old 08-02-2010, 07:17 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,045,027 times
Agree. While Trader Joe's is close by it would be nice to have one the peachtree corridor. You won't find a more dense residential area in Atlanta and usually that attracts store's.

Quote:
If they could attract an small, upscale grocery in that area that would be nice.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:54 PM

143 posts, read 345,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredtoo View Post
A CB2 is also coming to Virginia-Highlands the last I heard.
Really? I can't find any evidence of that, do you have a link? Only a few American cities even have a CB2, and no city has more than one. In fact, California is the only state that has more than one.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:55 PM

1,228 posts, read 2,388,518 times
Actually I was thinking of something that would have gourmet take home meals, etc., that would be really appealing to busy professionals and bad cooks like me.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:59 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,045,027 times
Great point, I didn't mention it but was thinking the same thing. Given the number of workers in the area during the day + the number or young professional residents in the area a concept like that would do well.

Quote:
Actually I was thinking of something that would have gourmet take home meals, etc., that would be really appealing to busy professionals and bad cooks like me.

Old 08-02-2010, 08:14 PM

1,228 posts, read 2,388,518 times
Dean & deluca? Fresh Market? Or maybe another version of Star Provisions?

Last edited by midtown mile girl; 08-02-2010 at 08:31 PM..

Old 08-05-2010, 01:12 PM

288 posts, read 958,693 times
Quote:
Dean & deluca? Fresh Market? Or maybe another version of Star Provisions?
I was always a big fan of Eatzies, wish they hadnt closed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: