U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 09:38 AM

86 posts, read 309,754 times

Advertisements

Hi all. I've got a friend who lost his job last year, single father, and is hurting pretty badly right now financially. He has some health issues of his own that need to get taken care of, as well as his 2 boys but can't afford insurance.

Do they approve men for medicaid under any circumstance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 10:01 AM

3,394 posts, read 4,067,516 times
Are you saying that you believe Medicaid is only available to females?

I think you need to do some internet research.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:09 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,626,505 times
I dont think shes saying that....its already hard for females as well as children to obtain medicaid

my suggestion is to go to the hospital and get treated...they have indigent programs and they will also help him obtain medicaid if he qualifies. Good Luck!

Old 09-28-2009, 10:27 AM

86 posts, read 309,754 times
Quote:
Are you saying that you believe Medicaid is only available to females?

I think you need to do some internet research.
That's not what I'm saying. That's what almost every "medicaid eligibility" website says. I've done a little bit of research.
Quote:
I dont think shes saying that....its already hard for females as well as children to obtain medicaid

my suggestion is to go to the hospital and get treated...they have indigent programs and they will also help him obtain medicaid if he qualifies. Good Luck!
Actually, I'm a "he". Hence the name.

Anybody?

Old 09-28-2009, 10:53 AM

289 posts, read 172,661 times
It takes time to get approved in govt programs due to all the red tape.

I think that every hospital is required to treat people that live in a certian area like a 5 mile radius. They will bill you so it isn't free as many people claim.

Don't put off treatment...some lady in florida delayed getting antibotics...she became infected and ended up losing both hands and both feet.

Tell him to go to the closest hospital and call the state medicare/medicaid office.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:39 PM

1 posts, read 10,615 times
i know this post is old and yes it is only for females i have personally applied and got denied because of my gender. and as far as a woman winning less mony then men very hard to believe sin a recent survey states that woman are more prone to earn more than guys. either way my personla experience was that i work cant afford insurance not even through my job. and i got denied how ever i have a female friend that works and she got accept it and we both make the same and have the same number of family members in the house hold no they will not discriminate and tell you that to yuor face but that thats the way it works.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:51 PM

3,768 posts, read 2,936,057 times
I really don't know the answer to the main question... but government health care for children is easier to come by. (in the past some conservative politicians are persuaded by the argument... don't punish the children for an adult poor decisions...etc..)

If you can't get medicaid for the children in the state of Georgia.... You need to look at Peachcare for kids.

The eligibility requirements are here: Information

Eligibility requirements:

* U.S. citizens, certain qualified legal residents, refugees or asylees who reside in Georgia.
* Age 18 and under (eligible until 19th birthday).
* Uninsured.
* Family income less than or equal to 235% of the federal poverty level, $43,546 for a family of 3 and $52,523 for a family of 4.

Your child may be ineligible if:

* Your child is eligible for Medicaid. If your child is eligible for Medicaid, Peachcare for Kids® will forward your application to Medicaid and your child will be enrolled.

and Click 'home' for the main page. You'll have to explore the site for additional information.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:28 PM

4,375 posts, read 3,943,554 times
Call a social worker.

They are experts at working with the system and making sure people who need care get it.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:24 AM

1,942 posts, read 2,347,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
Call a social worker.

They are experts at working with the system and making sure people who need care get it.

No they are not, These are some of the most inept people to have a job. I have seen it in action, and it is called affirmative action. NOT.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:09 PM

4,375 posts, read 3,943,554 times
Call a competent social worker.

They are few and far between, but they do exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta