Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2009, 04:25 PM

4 posts, read 19,785 times

Advertisements

Ok im trying to get a georgia id,what are the requirements?I mean i heard they need a birth certificate i only have a hospital birth certificate(can i use that one instead of the state birth certificate?)I tried to apply for my state issued birth certififcate but they said they needed more information(what kinda information do they need?).And part two of the problem is i dont have proof of residence(I'm homeless)so is their way i can still get the id without proof of residence or can i use shelter's address?And part three is does the social security office accept hospital birth certificates as proof of citizenship,age,etc?And what other documents is needed?Plus how long does it take for the social security office to give me my social security card/number(this is my first time applying for a number).I need help asap,please help!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 07:51 PM

1 posts, read 6,168 times
Default see homeless task force

see michelle at homeless task force she can help you since you're homeless

Old 10-02-2009, 10:32 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,118,946 times
Generally, documents that prove citizenship need to be official and certified. I would contact the state DDS and ask the questions to the people who know and to whom you'll need to apply.

Applying for a Georgia ID Card

Old 10-03-2009, 02:16 PM

Thank you for the response,I went to the united way and they said i should send the health department or vital records office my hospital birth certificate(that way they can send me a state issued birth certificate).But only problem is i dont have a mailing address so anyone know any homeless shelter's address i can use to send mail?

Old 10-03-2009, 02:25 PM

288 posts, read 538,765 times
contact the homeless shelter, they have experts who know the system.

your certified birth certificate has to come from the county/state where you were born.

also, if this is your first time applying for a social security number, what did you do prior to now?

How did you register for school? How did you open a bank account or fill out a job application?

Old 10-03-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyboy2008 View Post
also, if this is your first time applying for a social security number, what did you do prior to now?
What you mean do?I havent done much its also why im homeless and in my situtation.

Quote:
How did you register for school?
I was home schooled by my grandparents

Quote:
How did you open a bank account or fill out a job application?
Thats EXACTLY the problem I havent been able to get a job or open a bank account due to not having a social security number or a id,this is why im in need of the birth certificate.

Old 10-05-2009, 03:09 PM

141 posts, read 428,088 times
Besides the Social Security question everything else will depend on what county you are trying to receive assistance in. In Atlanta, try going to 420 Courtland St. ( they do mailing addresses and voicemail help for the homeless)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta