Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2012, 06:13 PM

183 posts, read 195,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers84 View Post
I dont really care or know. It doesnt matter.

The point is, black peoples have, historically, when left to their own devices, been unable to establish, create, build or manage high functioning, well organized, structured, advanced societies that add to the broad knowledge and betterment of the world.

There is ample evidence to this, and none to the contrary.

My opinion of black intelligence is irrelevant.

And no, I dont buy the argument that "its all whitey's fault".
Since you don't have an opinion either way. What is you point of constantly repeating yourself? We are all wondering. We get it, so why become a broken record?

If we admit defeat and say "black people suck" will you go away? There has to be a method to the madness.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
I don't understand why it seems like every thread on this forum has to become a racial argument.
The mods refuse to do anything about race trolls or racist posters. So in the name of "free speech" I assume they let them run rampant and ruin threads.

Old 02-09-2012, 07:55 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,892,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachcity View Post
Ehh, I am black and I'm pretty sure my first AND last name European, likely Brittish. Most of the blacks I've encoutered are the same.
My last name is British Carroll . My great great great grand mother was forced into marriage to a polish man her last name is angelenski. That side of my family is all over White plains NY I am black and I am european decent.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:07 PM

835 posts, read 1,037,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Fanatic View Post
You wouldn't have areas as highly loaded with crime.

However, this question needs to be pinned on who is to blame.

"What would Atlanta have looked like had hood rats not forced white people to move"?

In answering that question, I can honestly say that Atlanta would be wealthier. It wouldn't have a budget shortfall. Crime rates would be substantially lower. Atlanta would have a vibrant downtown area, and you'd be more apt to see people walking alongside the streets. Downtown Atlanta wouldn't have a stigma, and there'd be greater investment in the area.

It would also have likely meant that blacks would have never come to control the city government, and, in not doing so, they wouldn't have been able to push their agenda of promoting the city to blacks around the rest of the country as a "black mecca" through black media, such as JET magazine or B.E.T. This would mean that you'd likely have never seen the emergence of the Atlanta rap industry, which has put a stain on the image of Atlanta, as an everyday person seeing a hoodrat with gold caps on his teeth, with a super-size gold-colored chain doesn't impress anyone. As such, this encourages less than professional individuals to this region, and it has discouraged some individuals from moving to this region.

Overall, the region would be better.

Yes, the streets would be paved with gold and diamonds.

Guns will shoot out rainbows and curse words would be a thing of the pass.

People wouldn't have sex because Storks would bring them a babies.

At the end of the day all the residents will get together, hold hands, and sing kumbayah.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:22 PM

31,996 posts, read 36,572,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Fanatic View Post
It would also have likely meant that blacks would have never come to control the city government, and, in not doing so, they wouldn't have been able to push their agenda of promoting the city to blacks around the rest of the country as a "black mecca" through black media, such as JET magazine or B.E.T.
Whoever is promoting the city of Atlanta as a black mecca is doing a pretty poor job of it. Blacks have been bailing out of the city for 20 years. 100% of the growth in black population has been in the suburbs.

Old 02-10-2012, 03:02 AM

1,397 posts, read 1,611,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgyeldell View Post

If white flight never happened Atlanta would of never grown to be a Top Tier American city that it is. Atlanta would not be one of the hubs of emerging Megalopis along I-85.

So if white flight never happened Atlanta would be nothing but a interstate stop to fill up your tank like Greenville SC.

And nobody wants Atlanta to be like that.
I'm sorry but that notion is completely ridiculous.
Atlanta has really NEVER been 'nothing but a interstate stop to fill up your take like Greenville SC"

Old 02-10-2012, 06:24 AM

714 posts, read 810,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachcity View Post
Since you don't have an opinion either way. What is you point of constantly repeating yourself? We are all wondering. We get it, so why become a broken record?

If we admit defeat and say "black people suck" will you go away? There has to be a method to the madness.
Your words. I speak about black culture. There is a difference. A huge one, in fact. See Herman Cain, for example.

The dominant black culture is a problem the world over. I wish there was more soul searching and self criticism within your community to solve the many and deep problems. Otherwise no amount of wealth redistrubution, AA and other forced "fairness" will ever do anything except paper over the fundamental issues.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Your words. I speak about black culture. There is a difference. A huge one, in fact. See Herman Cain, for example.

The dominant black culture is a problem the world over. I wish there was more soul searching and self criticism within your community to solve the many and deep problems. Otherwise no amount of wealth redistrubution, AA and other forced "fairness" will ever do anything except paper over the fundamental issues.
What is the "dominating black culture" that is world wide? What do you mean by self criticism "my community". You mean the box blacks get thrown into becusse they are black? Why do you still see things as some collective issue that all blacks are somehow responsible for just becuase they match a physical racial profile and nothing else.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:35 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,678,136 times
Quote:
Why do you claim NIGERIANS, a particular PEOPLE from Africa, are naturally smarter than americans? IQ is about inherent intelligence, not culture or mind set. A really high IQ kid will excel wherever they are. IQ is not taught, its inborn. Thus, you are intimating that the Nigerian people are more intelligent, naturally and genetically, than americans (of "traditional last names" aka, code for white descent, natch). Im asking what genetic advantage they have over me and my "kin"?

Everyone knows Chinese Amerian kids are "motivated" by Tiger Moms and such to be academically superior. Its because Chinese culture is a morass of corruption, intellectual theft, illegal copycatting and other vile practices, and they are just thrilled to be away from it!

Good thing I could care less what "grade" you give me. But would you have "use" a curve, or have "used" a curve? Might want to buck up on the grammar yourself, hoss.
You are very angry. And I have an Irish last name. HA!!!

Old 02-10-2012, 08:16 AM

714 posts, read 810,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdkb View Post
You are very angry. And I have an Irish last name. HA!!!
You know what they say. Free pyschological advice from a stranger over the internet is worth exactly what you pay for it....

Or maybe less.

But thanks for playing, Mr/Ms O'Neill/O'Shaunessey/Green/etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta