Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2009, 10:47 AM

81 posts, read 266,240 times

Advertisements

I'd like to know what other L'ville city residents think of the candidates. I went to the forum and heard what all of the candidates had to say. I really like Doug Nash (who is running against Kate Hart and John Merrill) and I like Rodney Camren (who is running against PK Martin.)

I believe that both Nash and Camren will be tough on crime and that they are both passionate about the REAL issues that communities face; that is, schools, crime and quality of life.

I believe that Lawrenceville is at a crucial point -- one that could either swing in a positive direction, whereby Lawrenceville would become an absolutely awesome place to live, or it could become a mire of illegal activities beginning with illegal immigration and ending with drug trade, and worse.

I believe that the candidates of today will greatly influence the direction in which Lawrenceville progresses (or digresses).

So I really hope that the city residents will get out and vote. We can vote early until Oct 30th, and then the actual election day is Nov 3rd. Voting is done at City Hall.

Here is a link provided by the Lawrenceville Neighborhood Alliance which gives a little bit of insight into the candidates' view points:

Lawrenceville Neighborhood Alliance

From my own standpoint, I walked into the forum knowing nothing about any of the candidates. After hearing them answer questions and espouse their views (well, a couple of them were rather mum, actually) I made my choice, and I'd be dishonest if I said I don't want to influence any other voter's opinion. I hope that Nash and Camren win. I think that they'd be good for Lawrenceville.

Any other opinions out there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009, 10:25 AM

2 posts, read 3,896 times
Thank you Anothermom. As you know I did not win this year's election. But I will be back next year. I do have a heart for Lawrenceville and the success of our community as a whole. I really appreciate your comments about my real estate and election things. I will continue to work for the betterment of Lawrenceville with people like you supporting the cause. Also, check out the FREE Community Website I put together (with the help of other business owners) for a NEW Lawrenceville. Come and visit NEW Lawrenceville!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: