Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2009, 07:31 AM

1 posts, read 4,211 times

Advertisements

I recently saw a beautiful apartment at the Legends at Dunwoody. However, I am alarmed by all of the negative posts I've seen on various websites. I've seen posts as recent as September 2009 stating that the crime rate has spiked in recent months. I've also seen posts complaining about the faulty handy work of those hired to fix roofs and other things around the premises. Moreover, I've read posts complaining of a severe roach problem. Is there any truth to these posts or is this just a bunch of people knit-picking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2012, 10:58 AM

2 posts, read 3,795 times
Default Stay Aawat from Legends of Dunwoody Apartments - Bad Idea

Stay away! First, there's no price deal here. The utility cost from ancient AC units will eat up any savings from what appears to be lower rents. Then you have the ants, roaches, mosquitoes, and spiders everywhere plus crime.

This unit had so many ants you had to store cereal in the refrigerator. You can't spray enough to get rid of them, and the place stayed toxic from bug spray. Infestation is the word that comes to mind.

Legends of Dunwoody in Sandy Springs are about 20 years over due for renovation. The owners are milking the property for all they can and putting nothing back in. What does that mean to you? 25 year old air conditioner and air handler that will cost $400 a month in AC in the summer and you'll still be sweating. Air handler in the closet that sound like you're sitting in the engine room of a submarine, nonstop noise. Very old patched up cheap appliances. Plumbing problems and leaks constantly. Black mold.

Here's a rapid fire list of other problems:

foreign maintenance workers who can't speak English and barely have any handyman skills;
black mold from years of plumbing leaks;
very old and expensive to use hot water heaters;
broken patched up appliances;
Rottweiler dogs running loose in the complex;
no landscaping and red mud everywhere;
no insulation especially in upper units where attic heat will bake you;
no place for children to wait for bus; they stand in mud on side of road when it's raining;
vandalism rampant and they'll bill you for repairing windows burglar broke to get in;
units are never pressure cleaned and get dirtier and dirtier;
expect up to $100 a month for water as they'll split water usage equally among tenants, you pay the same as a huge family;
expect a huge electric bill up to $400, water up to $100 and gas up to $200 in winter;
unresponsive and combative office personnel;
then expect "excess wear" and numerous extra charges when you move out.

Stay away!

Old 09-07-2015, 04:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,212 times
The response from the previous poster is correct. Things have not changed with this complex in 2015. I currently live in a 3 bed/2 bath and my electric bill is nearly $500 and I have my A/C set to 78 degrees all summer and I have yet to pay $200 or less. Maintenance is crap. The electric wiring in this place was set up by 3 year olds. I unplugged the vacuum cleaner one day and my tv blew out!!! And the two weren't even plugged into the same socket, how does that happen??? Now we have to keep something in that particular socket just to maintain power in the master bedroom. Stay away from this place!! It's a money eater.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: