Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 10:11 PM

14 posts, read 43,034 times

Advertisements

Okay to YFB especially, DeaconJ and newat6 re-read all the posts!!! No one is being ignorant here yet you three can't seem to be positive and give a positive remark. Its not needed. Like I said to YFB earlier...IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY THEN DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL!! Not sure any of your ages but act your age even if you don't know how. By the way Orlando is far more Worldly than Atlanta. Its my hometown and I will defend that but not where I want to plant myself until the Lord calls me home...so lay off O-town!!! Oh by the way to you three at some point you WILL bring your family here to this not so Worldly Orlando-We don't mind taking you money for the local economy!! Peace and Blessings to you all!!

Old 12-10-2009, 07:44 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,870,568 times
Get back on track folks - discuss the topic or not, but insults and fighting will not be tolerated.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:18 AM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,357,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaedunn View Post
Okay to YFB especially, DeaconJ and newat6 re-read all the posts!!! No one is being ignorant here yet you three can't seem to be positive and give a positive remark. Its not needed. Like I said to YFB earlier...IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY THEN DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL!! Not sure any of your ages but act your age even if you don't know how. By the way Orlando is far more Worldly than Atlanta. Its my hometown and I will defend that but not where I want to plant myself until the Lord calls me home...so lay off O-town!!! Oh by the way to you three at some point you WILL bring your family here to this not so Worldly Orlando-We don't mind taking you money for the local economy!! Peace and Blessings to you all!!
SO why are you moving to Atlanta again? and its YBF!!!! SMh

Old 12-10-2009, 09:11 AM

2,138 posts, read 6,317,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Folks I'm sorry but Atlanta really does have a thriving black homosexual community......deal with it.
Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn. Everyone on here has indicated that it's not a problem for them--and it definitely isn't a problem for me. Now the question remains if it will be a problem for you.

Atlanta is a black mecca and Atlanta will always be a black mecca given that it's located in the cradle of African American culture. That's not to say that others won't move here, but it will always be a place that many African Americans select to be closer to their ancestoral roots and also to enjoy the many cultural amenities that are geared towards them moreso than in other cities in the US.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:25 AM

631 posts, read 1,227,442 times
Quote:

And its alot smaller than Atlanta And theme Parks or the only reason why orlando is known. Other than that theres nothing else to Orlando. Dont orlando have a big gay community too???? and what about gay disney when they have a special weekend dedicated to all the gay men ????.. Orlando could never compete with Atlanta

Old 12-10-2009, 10:36 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,798,001 times
Quote:
Please stay in Orlando with your closed mind. You sound a little small-town for Atlanta, so Orlando seems perfect for you.

You assume that everyone has a family...again, a very absurd statement.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:48 AM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,357,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Please stay in Orlando with your closed mind. You sound a little small-town for Atlanta, so Orlando seems perfect for you.

You assume that everyone has a family...again, a very absurd statement.
And that everyone w/a family comes to Disney. LOL

Old 12-10-2009, 10:51 AM

16,679 posts, read 29,495,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn. Everyone on here has indicated that it's not a problem for them--and it definitely isn't a problem for me. Now the question remains if it will be a problem for you.

Atlanta is a black mecca and Atlanta will always be a black mecca given that it's located in the cradle of African American culture. That's not to say that others won't move here, but it will always be a place that many African Americans select to be closer to their ancestoral roots and also to enjoy the many cultural amenities that are geared towards them moreso than in other cities in the US.
Fabulous post.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Atlanta is still the "Black Mecca", and y'all seem to misunderstand what that means. It has nothing to do with excluding others.

Exactly!

Old 12-10-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
This tells us a lot about you...apparently Orlando isn't as worldly as you imagine it to be if you actually believe ANYONE makes a choice about their sexuality. We don't need that kind of ignorance in Atlanta.
Tru dat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta