U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 07:46 AM

11 posts, read 44,067 times

Advertisements

Now that Clear/Wimax has been around for a number of months,how is the service? I currently have Comcast and thinking about changing my internet provider.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 08:08 AM

734 posts, read 1,774,539 times
Here is a forum discussing "Clear" in the Atlanta area
Clear - WiMAX

Recently,(october) my friend had it, but quickly switched back to AT&T, b/c she said the service was terrible.

Old 12-13-2009, 08:26 AM

11 posts, read 44,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLHRLGUY View Post
Here is a forum discussing "Clear" in the Atlanta area
Clear - WiMAX

Recently,(october) my friend had it, but quickly switched back to AT&T, b/c she said the service was terrible.
Thanks for the update/info.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:02 AM

39 posts, read 90,392 times
We have it. We like it and the price is right. We don't have cable or landline, and other internet only plans are much more expensive. We had some speed issues in the beginning, but we worked with them for a couple weeks and it has been fine now. Just make sure you stay in contact with them during your week trial. They extended our trial to 30 days and sent us an email to confirm this change of trial. We decided to NOT get the 2 year contract and pay the $30 or so connection fee just to protect ourselves. We are in N. Druid Hills.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:11 PM

788 posts, read 1,684,101 times
I love it, its what I use, my biggest problem tho is that It doesnt work in some of the GSU buildings downtown. and that if you go faster than 80mph in the car it slows down but other than that it works perfectly. I live in Clayco and it works great with full service.

Old 12-14-2009, 05:50 AM

188 posts, read 597,233 times
I too am interested in trying out their service. I will be mainly using at home replacing DSL service from AT&T.

I would like to hear reviews from people in Alpharetta using Clear.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:28 AM

9,190 posts, read 29,573,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgyeldell View Post
I love it, its what I use, my biggest problem tho is that It doesnt work in some of the GSU buildings downtown. and that if you go faster than 80mph in the car it slows down but other than that it works perfectly. I live in Clayco and it works great with full service.
Um..... you're on the internet while driving faster than 80mph...

Anywho.... I know someone who tried it and dropped it. Said customer service wasn't very good but gave no details. I try to contact them and ask them for more.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:20 AM

2,123 posts, read 3,391,623 times
Had it and it sucked.It was fine if I was outside but in the house it was a joke.

Old 12-18-2009, 04:55 PM

650 posts, read 1,267,845 times
same here, TRY It they only have 7day return policy, when it WORKS its fine.. but it would NOT work in my own house, but at my friends house it was perfect, and fast.. its like a cell phone service, depends on coverage

Old 12-21-2009, 08:13 AM

135 posts, read 466,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kattykay View Post
We have it. We like it and the price is right. We don't have cable or landline, and other internet only plans are much more expensive. We had some speed issues in the beginning, but we worked with them for a couple weeks and it has been fine now. Just make sure you stay in contact with them during your week trial. They extended our trial to 30 days and sent us an email to confirm this change of trial. We decided to NOT get the 2 year contract and pay the $30 or so connection fee just to protect ourselves. We are in N. Druid Hills.
Is there anything they can really do to fix the speed issues?? I signed up for the 3 Mbps plan and have had it for 3 days now. The fastest I've gotten is 1.5 Mbps, but usually it is under 1. I usually have 2 bars - I'm still messing w/ locations and may be able to get 3.

I'll have to call this afternoon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or