Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 10:10 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,688,242 times

Advertisements

Tribble Mill PArk is 30045
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noiren View Post
Thanks for the replies and feedback!

We have been to that area a few times and it was pretty quiet, so I don't understand the dislike some people have for it either. Granted we haven't talked to any of the neighbors so we don't know what they are like...but it's good to know that the whole '30045/44 area is bad' thing seem to be unjustified rumors, I would rather believe people who have actually lived there.

I am also curious about why the schools are said to be declining as well, I don't think they are too far from the house so I don't mind sending the kids there if they are much better.

So anyway, how's the crime there? Anything major? I read that there is a pretty big drug problem in Lawrenceville, there was a big drug bust recently, pretty worrying Police: Gwinnett Grocery Store Was Drug Shop - Atlanta News Story - WGCL Atlanta
There's a thread on this. It took place in the Mill Creek CLuster

Old 11-07-2009, 08:52 PM

43 posts, read 118,309 times
The zip code alone is not enough info. It's all about the school clusters

Archer-Great-Schools from Dacula, Lawrenceville, Loganville, and Grayson feed into this school. It has a Lawrenceville address, but is only a few feet away from Dacula.

Central Gwinnett-Stay away (Bad rep.)

Brookwood-One of the best

Collins Hill-Excellent

Peachtree Ridge-Excellent

Berkmar-Bad

Meadow Creek-Also known as Ghetto Creek

Grayson-Excellent

Parkview-Excellent

The area by Archer has a lot of parks.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:22 AM

42 posts, read 98,775 times
The school cluster I'm planning to move to is in Central Gwinnett, unfortunately.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:20 PM

Quote:
The school cluster I'm planning to move to is in Central Gwinnett, unfortunately.
Then change your plans.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:59 PM

1,262 posts, read 2,974,801 times
I've heard mixed reviews on Central Gwinnett. I don't think that it's as bad as it's current reputation. It's a bit more 'diverse' than most of the other schools in Gwinnett, and I think that's mostly what is driving this panic. It still ranks well in test scores and on other criteria. I wouldn't run from an area because of it.

Old 11-09-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdkb View Post
Then change your plans.
I wish it was that simple. We have move on to the appraisal step and waiting to see what the appraiser says. I'm worried about the school and safety issue but I think my partner will throw a fit if I want to withdrawal from the sale at this stage. I only wish I had researched here earlier in our search.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
I wish it was that simple. We have move on to the appraisal step and waiting to see what the appraiser says. I'm worried about the school and safety issue but I think my partner will throw a fit if I want to withdrawal from the sale at this stage. I only wish I had researched here earlier in our search.
What's the name of the subdivision?

Old 11-10-2009, 03:08 PM

The property is at Creekside Crossing subdivision, I think it's near to Five Forks Trickum Road. Any feedback with that area?

I'm also curious as to what it means when people say that a particular school cluster is bad, like they are now about Central Gwinnett. Does it mean that the neighborhood/homes in that area is unsafe or just that the schools themselves are not good? If it's just the schools that are not great, then I feel a little better because we're not parents yet and just looking for a safe neighborhood to live in for now.

I'm asking because I'm foreign born and not familiar with the way it works here, so I appreciate any explanation

Old 11-10-2009, 04:31 PM

1,262 posts, read 2,974,801 times
I actually live right off of Five Forks Trickum, just further down on the other side of Sugarloaf. I pass that neighborhood fairly reguarly, it's quite close to downtown Lawrenceville. I don't really know anything about that specific neighborhood, however its pretty much next door to a large area of duplexes and apartments. It's not a terrible area, however not an area that I would want to live in. Seems to be just an older area that is a little rundown. Being so close to the square, and the quality of the newer homes on Five Forks, I would say that the area will continue to improve post-recession.

Also, to answer your questions on school districts. I don't think that the area that serves Central Gwinnett would be unsafe or even unkempt. The area tends to be older in places, with a lot of apartments, so that adds to the transient atmosphere to certain places and the schools. It's still desirable in many ways, and the test scores and rankings of Central Gwinnett are actually quite good.

All in all, I'm sure you will be happy. Lawrenceville is a great community with a lot to do. Please just make the judgements on your own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta