U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-14-2010, 11:07 AM

686 posts, read 1,069,081 times
It's best to start your own thread with your answers to the suggested questions from myself and other members. I didn't actually mean for people to post here, but it's not locked so it's no big deal, just want you guys to get more views and thus responses and that usually happens when you start your own thread with the answered questions.

But missxsunshyne, since you did post here I'll try to answer your question. I must say I know much much more about neighborhoods and homes within neighborhoods that I do about apartments or possibly renting. For instance I could say this areas is great, i.e. safe (relatively speaking of course) good schools, shopping options etc. but the complex itself may not be the best i.e. bad management, loud neighbors etc. The best thing to do is contact promove.com and check out equityapartments.com they could help with your search and then after you've found some places check apartmentratings.com (keep in mind most people that are happy don't take the time to post positive reviews, so take the reviews with a grain of salt) Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 12:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,568 times
I am planning to move to Duluth, GA from Arizona. I will be looking to purchase a home in Duluth. mY BUDGET IS IN THE LOWER $200,000 range. My biggest concern is at to whether or not this is a good environment for my teenage children. I am looking for a community that is made up of a mixture diverse cultures. With good schools. I am I on the right track?

thanks

Old 07-19-2010, 10:53 AM

18 posts, read 74,899 times
Default Decatur Move

Terrin- I would agree with the decision on Decatur especially if you are working at the CDC. There are many other areas as well to consider that are close by with good lower level schools like Virginia Highland, Lake Claire, Midtown plus the city of Decatur schools you mentioned. A site we used for decatur home was Decatur GA Homes for Sale. Good luck on the move there are some very knowledgeable posters on this board about the area so post some new threads if you need to.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:26 AM

6,903 posts, read 5,128,788 times
Anyone moving to Atlanta soon will want to read this.

Metro Atlanta unemployment jumps to 10.3 percent | The Biz Beat

Old 07-23-2010, 09:05 AM

2 posts, read 4,805 times
Default Poss. Moving to Atlanta

Trying to make a decision and would appreciate input fast…

1. Budget/Depends
2. House
3. Coca Cola
4. Public School
5. Suburban
6. Open to public transportation
7. Open “Low Crime”

Looking for neighborhoods that would be a good commute to Coca Cola for work.
Would like to sell our house where we are at now and purchase a new one… but don’t want to buy in the wrong neighborhood. Can you help? We are trying to make the decision on if we should accept the job offer or not. What’s the average 3-4 bedroom house go for in the neighborhoods..? I am out online searching the MLS Real Estate listings and I have NO idea what places to search for since Atlanta is so big.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:06 AM

2 posts, read 4,805 times
Trying to make a decision and would appreciate input fast…

1. Budget/Depends
2. House
3. Coca Cola
4. Public School
5. Suburban
6. Open to public transportation
7. Open “Low Crime”

Looking for neighborhoods that would be a good commute to Coca Cola for work.
Would like to sell our house where we are at now and purchase a new one… but don’t want to buy in the wrong neighborhood. Can you help? We are trying to make the decision on if we should accept the job offer or not. What’s the average 3-4 bedroom house go for in the neighborhoods..? I am out online searching the MLS listings and I have NO idea what places to search for since Atlanta is so big.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:50 PM

1 posts, read 2,353 times
Good Afternoon...I am so glad that you have a site set up to assist people with the transition process. I am planning to move to the Atlanta area in about 4 months, and I was wondering if you could suggest the best possible place for me to reside. I hope the information I'm giving will be sufficient for your assistance...thank you and God Bless!

1. Budget-$250k
2. House/Condo/Townhome?-House or Townhome
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home)-Writer
4. Children(public school vs. private)-no children
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two-Suburban mix
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not?- not important
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood.- 30 something and single
8. Buying or Renting- Buying

Read more: [url]http://www.city-data.com/forum/atlanta/847517-moving-atlanta-soon-read-first.html#ixzz0uobnABMA[/url]

Old 07-27-2010, 02:41 PM

2 posts, read 3,038 times
Smile Family with young children moving to atlanta

Our budget is about 1000dls. per month in rent. We would like a single family house with a yard in a wooded lot. My husband will be working in the Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport and would like to live really close from his work or to commute no more than 30 minutes, preferably using public transportation. We want something safe with parks, dont mind schools since we will be renting and our children are under 4.

I have been looking at Riverdale? Or south Decatur? I have heard that Riverdale is not safe and that south from Intersate 20 is not good option, is that true, or they just wrote that because they are not fancy executive style homes? Just dont want something crowd, unsafe, noisy, or dirty.

Thank you.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,326 times
Im a single mom with two children 12, and 5 looking to relocate to atlanta or surrounding area from las vegas. looking for a safe neighborhood, great school,church,great atmosphere. What is the job market like? I currently work in the medical field and plan on continuing my education once i get settled. I am looking for a 3-4 bedroom house/town house please help

Old 08-11-2010, 02:51 PM

5 posts, read 6,870 times
hey, i'm also a single mother looking to move to georgia with no family, could you give me some feedback on your more to georgia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta