Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2010, 02:53 PM

5 posts, read 11,201 times

Advertisements

how did your search go, I also too a single mother looking to move to georgia. I am a paralegal with plans on furthering my education how is your searcg going?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2010, 08:29 PM

11 posts, read 30,465 times
Okay guys, planning to move to Atlanta next May 2011. Will work in Vinings. Budget is 500k - 600k. Two kids 15 and 13. Both do well in school. The kids however want a smaller, more personal highschool experience. So I am not really interested in the mega highschool. Will do private but would rather not. Commute for me is not as important. I will go in early and work late anyway. Where should I live???

Old 08-14-2010, 09:48 PM

40 posts, read 120,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonAJDP View Post
Okay guys, planning to move to Atlanta next May 2011. Will work in Vinings. Budget is 500k - 600k. Two kids 15 and 13. Both do well in school. The kids however want a smaller, more personal highschool experience. So I am not really interested in the mega highschool. Will do private but would rather not. Commute for me is not as important. I will go in early and work late anyway. Where should I live???
Take a look at Woodstock.

Old 08-15-2010, 07:06 AM

396 posts, read 601,597 times
nooo, please don't take a look at woodstock, especially if you're going to be commuting anywhere near atlanta. i spent the last two years of high school going to sequoyah, (i'm 26 now fyi) and my parents still live up up at the end of a chain of culdesacs. that place could not be more boring, and your kids will be solely and completely dependent upon you to drive them around until they're old enough to drive themselves. the roads are an nightmare, a short drive down hwy 92 to the grocery store can take 45m or more during rush hour...

for 5-6k, you can probably still get quite a nice place in/near sandy springs, dunwoody or even vinings itself. you might have to limit yourself to "just" 5 bedrooms though, instead of the 7 you could get in woodstock within that particular price range. you'll spend less time behind the wheel and burn through less gas, and your kids will probably appreciate not living in exurbia.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:20 AM

159 posts, read 456,253 times
I can help with locating to Atlanta.

Old 08-18-2010, 02:54 PM

4 posts, read 21,557 times
Default Traffic from Roswell to dt Atlanta

We are moving to Roswell in the fall and would like to know what kind of commute time I am looking at from the Roswell area to downtown Atlanta. I know there is a great deal of traffic, but I am currently commuting to downtown Miami, FL so an hour in the car is not going to scare me. What scares me as I read these threads are the 2 1/2 hour drive times to get into and out of Atlanta :-(.... Has anyone experienced MORE than an hour commute from Roswell to ATL (bar a severe traffic accident)?.....Thank you for any info you could provide.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:04 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
I'm thinking of relocating to Atlanta. I toyed with a couple of different areas back in 07 and finally relocated to NJ, where I lasted not so long and am now back in Florida.

I'm probably going to be renting an apartment or a duplex. It's just me and my son who will be 5 1/2 by the time we leave. I'm thinking of Cobb or Gwinnett counties. I've been to both briefly but I have family sporadically spread out all over the metro so I'm going to do a couple of go-sees over the next 365 days.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:22 PM

1 posts, read 2,780 times
Default Relocating to Atlanta in December

I currently live in San Diego and I am considering the move to Atlanta so that I can be closer to my family. It will be important to live close to public transportation, as my family will be utilizing one car. Our son is currently in first grade and will most likely be attending public school. The initial plan is to rent for the first 6 months. Ideally, I will need a 3 bedroom/2 bath residence. I would like to keep my rent in the area of $900.00 a month. As for location, I prefer a residential area that is somewhat diverse. Currently, my biggest hurdle is finding a job that will offer benefits. I have been in my current educational position for the past 18 years. I know that the salary that I make in San Diego will not be the same, so I am willing to take up to a $20,000.00 reduction in salary. I would greatly appreciate any assistance, as this will be a life changing move.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:08 AM

8 posts, read 18,668 times
Hi Looking for some assistnace as well. I am from Boston and my husband and I are looking to move down south in the Spring of 2011. We are just saving alittle more and organizing ourselves before the big move. I am just looking on the best advice on the nice and safe areas to look into. I have friends that live in Stone Mountain and Loganville. Are those ares okay?? Any suggestion are greatly appreciated. Below is alittle about my husband and I and what were looking for. Thanks

Jobs- Husband is in the Medical Admin, acctounting, insurnace world. I am in the Hotel industry and almost any customer service area

Housing- Looking to rent for now, but would like to rent a house max 1200 month

Looking for a quiet and safe family oriented area, not to far from the city ( ATL) about 30-40min commute. Not to far form like the grocery and hospitals

Old 08-30-2010, 02:59 PM

12 posts, read 44,126 times
Moving to Atlanta where's the safest and affordable area for 55 and over couples to live. Still enjoy wining and dining some nightlife entertainment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta