U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 09:23 AM

2 posts, read 37,501 times

Advertisements

Hate may have been too strong, I dislike cars and driving and like to minimize it as much as possible. So yes, being close to Alpharetta is paramount. I'll probably spend some time to drive around the area to check out rentals when I am down there next. I hope there is something close.

Yes, we would surely consider a 3bd/2ba. The 2ba is the most important part to my wife, the rest is negociable. We may have a lot of bedrooms in our current home, but it's not very large, maybe 1600 sq ft at most but I don't think we really need any more than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 04:40 PM

6 posts, read 25,894 times
Hello there all i am planning to relocate this june in gwinneth county been looking in lawernceville i wil be renting before buying need leads on LVN?LPN jobs, safest area for my children and schools places that arent safe being i have never been there and have no family there but family close by in bama.............do tell any ideas sugesstions and leads would be greatly appreciated

Old 02-15-2010, 03:31 PM

3 posts, read 37,852 times
Hi all, my wife and I (25 and 28yo) have never been to Atlanta, so we have no idea whether our ideals can be met.

1. Budget: <= 1000/mo rent.
2. House/Condo/Townhome? renting, anytype, but ideally with a small yard for vegies and dog, but a nearby park for dog or public garden space will suffice as well. 2br/1ba.
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home): commute to Emory University Hosp-Midtown at 550 peachtree street northeast. i'd prefer to be able to walk or bike to work or commute on bus/train <30 minutes.
4. Children(public school vs. private). 0 at the moment, but we prefer rougher, hard knox, type of schools, supplemented with homeschooling. (public)
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two. urban more than suburban. we would prefer to have a 2.5 mile walk or 5 - 10 mile bicycle radius to work, grocery, and entertainment such as quieter bars/pubs, and parks.
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not? definitely important. we share 1 car, but prefer public transit.
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood. quieter, but diverse, with professionals or not, lgbt friendly, arts (wife is artist). socially liberal. we'd like to hear less than 1 gunshot a month, and a low murder rate as well. muggings are ok everyother year. pedestrian and bike friendly.

Old 02-16-2010, 09:50 AM

734 posts, read 1,776,843 times
^Seems like you would enjoy the Midtown area or Downtown Decatur both seem to fit your criteria. check out zips 30308,30309 or 30306(Va-Highland) and in Decatur 30030. Would you consider a 1bd/1bth?

Old 02-16-2010, 09:20 PM

19 posts, read 50,206 times
1. Budget Renting $950 or less a month
2. House/Condo/Townhome? 3 or 4 bedrooms 1.5 or more baths house preferable but doesn't matter
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home) commute
4. Children(public school vs. private) 4 kids - public preferably charter schools
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two mix of the 2
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not? slightly important
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood. We are an interracial couple with 4 bi-racial children we want them to grow up in a diverse neighborhood and go to diverse schools

My husband has a possible job in Marrietta, GA. '

Thank you

Old 02-17-2010, 12:59 PM

3 posts, read 37,852 times
ATLHRLGUY - Thanks. And yes, we would consider a 1bd/1ba. The second br would be my wife's studio space. If there is 1br/1ba with enough room to section off, or maybe a small studio space to rent nearby, then 1br/1ba would be just fine.

Old 02-20-2010, 07:35 AM

3 posts, read 20,333 times
I may be moving to Atlanta, working at Emory. I don't yet have a sense of the area. But I would be interested in buying a home near Emory, although I would not be opposed to a 20-25 minute commute. Can any one help in terms of making recommendations for communities, builders, and the like. The budget is 400k-450k. I'm looking for newer construction.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:48 AM

4 posts, read 21,939 times
1. Budget---$125,000
2. House/Condo/Townhome?---House
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home)---Work from Home
4. Children(public school vs. private) Public
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two---Suburban
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not?---Not Important
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood.---Majority white

I currently live in central NJ and my job has offered me a job in Georgia. I would like within an hour or so of Atlanta. We'd prefer an area where white people are not the minority. We currently live in a town that's 90% white, so if we were to move and be the minority, I think it would be too much of a culture shock for my 3 children.

Towns that we're currently looking at include Kennesaw, Powder Springs, Woodstock, Peachtree City, Cartersville, McDonough, and Stockbridge. Now there's only so much information you can get from citydata and bestplaces so that's why I'm asking around. Which places have good schools and low crime? Those are the top two things we are concerned with, everything else is secondary. I know that parts of McDonough and Stockbridge can be in the Union Grove school district and I've read that that school system is excellent.

Any advice and input about these towns or any other towns would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-06-2010, 10:24 PM

1 posts, read 18,275 times
I am looking to move to Atlanta ASAP. The only help I need is find a job. All other needs I can find and locate myself. I am very familiar with Atlanta. I am a Civil Engineer in the Quality Control field. I am looking for work in the Construction Industry (Roads, Highways, Bridges, Buildings). Can anyone give me a list of Head Hunters in the area, or a list of construction companies, Consulting companies in any of these construction fields. Or if anyone knows someone in the industry that can point me to some people I can talk to about employment. Greatly Appreciated. email me at [email]daright1@aol.com....than[/email]ks

Old 03-07-2010, 07:49 AM

1 posts, read 18,330 times
Hello, I'm looking to move by the summer of 2010. I need to find a job, I have my Masters in Business Administration/Healthcare Management. And I have two young children that are going with me can anyone suggest some good places to apply for a job at, and a good place to raise a family. I would really appreciate the feed back.
Thanks, Smarketta from Detroit, Michigan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or