Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 01:06 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,306,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesideout View Post
How many stories is 1400 Peachtree going to be? Anybody have a copy of what the building might look like yet?
Nobody knows - it's in the preliminary design stages right now.

They intend to pack a lot of uses into a very, very small footprint. Hotel, retail, office and residential in one or two towers.

There has been a lot of speculation in certain circles that this could become Atlanta's new tallest, especially if they go with one tower.

At any rate, there have been a lot of hints thrown around that it will be similar to Time-Warner Center.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 03:02 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,734,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Sorry Tony, but I have a feeling it won't happen. Talk to folks in Tampa about Trump, and you'll get an earful.

I have been told that the Chicago office of famed SOM (Skidmore, Owings & Merrill) is doing the design for 1400. I do know that InterContinental intends to make the Hotel portion of the tower their U.S. Flagship property.

This is actually the one (1400) that I'm the most excited about, along with Metropolitan Center across the street.
I think Trump Towers will be built ,IF the economy becomes as robust as it once was.Atlanta is probably the most logical choice.Unless he goes to San Fran,Houston,Dallas or even Phoenix.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:04 PM

43 posts, read 118,000 times
Mandarin building looks very nice! Wish I could afford a sweet condo in that building!! That will be a great addition to the Midtown skyline. THe 1400 building looks like it could be a cool looking skyscraper as well. If those pictures hold true I still think the BOA tower will have more charachter.. So it sounds like once the economy picks back up Atlanta's skyline will dramatically grow again. THanks for the links everyone!

Old 12-30-2009, 08:50 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,028,760 times
In the near term we should see an influx of new retail and other businesses as the commercial space has increased dramatically. The Lowes hotel and CB2 both open next year. In the stretch of Peachtree defined as Midtown there really are so many open lots that I find it hard to see them all built within 5 years but based on recent years could see it in 10 years.

Old 12-31-2009, 02:08 PM

228 posts, read 457,755 times
I completely love Atlanta and it's climate(most of the time), although i hope that the skyline will merge more at some point. I think that it will be soon though, because as soon as the recession ends, Atlanta has tons of high-rise buildings planned. Still, the skyline now looks great!

Old 01-01-2010, 09:42 AM

1,868 posts, read 3,055,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Nobody knows - it's in the preliminary design stages right now.

They intend to pack a lot of uses into a very, very small footprint. Hotel, retail, office and residential in one or two towers.

There has been a lot of speculation in certain circles that this could become Atlanta's new tallest, especially if they go with one tower.

At any rate, there have been a lot of hints thrown around that it will be similar to Time-Warner Center.
There was an Atlanta Buisness Chronicle article that said something about 70 stories.
The article is over a year old however so who knows where it's at now.

70-story tower eyed for Midtown - Atlanta Business Chronicle:

Just for perspective, the Bank of America tower is 55 stories.

Old 01-01-2010, 12:30 PM

228 posts, read 457,755 times
Yes, there are plans to build many more skyscrapers in Atlanta. Unfortunatley, many of these have been put on hold due to the recession.These include:

Mandarin Oriental

1400 Peachtree

http://www.spine3d.com/hks3d/gallery/1400%20Peachtree/1400-Peachtree-03.jpg (broken link)

Metropolitan Center

Terminus 200

And there are still many others in the planning not shown here. GO ATLANTA!!

Old 01-02-2010, 02:26 AM

11,334 posts, read 25,998,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adric View Post
There was an Atlanta Buisness Chronicle article that said something about 70 stories.
The article is over a year old however so who knows where it's at now.

70-story tower eyed for Midtown - Atlanta Business Chronicle:

Just for perspective, the Bank of America tower is 55 stories.
Sure, but the Westin is 73 stories and yet is considerably shorter than the BoA Tower.

Old 01-02-2010, 05:13 AM

1,868 posts, read 3,055,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Sure, but the Westin is 73 stories and yet is considerably shorter than the BoA Tower.
It doesn't look considerably shorter but that spire on BoA does add a whole lot of height for sure.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:02 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,028,760 times
Depending on where you are viewing them the Westin may not look shorter but it definitely is. The BOA building is the tallest building in the U.S outside of Chicago and NYC and the 35th tallest in the World. When it was built in the 90's it was one of the 10 tallest in the World.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_of...Plaza_(Atlanta)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adric View Post
It doesn't look considerably shorter but that spire on BoA does add a whole lot of height for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta